Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

roll cage kits

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jcg, May 21, 2000.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm replacing the floor in my truck and figured this would be the perfect time to put in a roll cage. I'm looking for a kit since I don't have access to a bender that will handle tube larger than 1.25". I can weld the cage myself so I don't need a bolt together kit (I could just weld it instead of bolt it I guess). I saw a picture of a Smittybilt cage in a truck that I really liked but I can't find anywhere to buy them. I know a bunch of you guys have cages in your trucks so I figured this would be the place to ask first. Thanks.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    Proud owner of an 88 Jimmy

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
  3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Check my post earlier "Would you like a roll cage?" today it was on page 13. I put details how I built my cage for around $50 and had exhaust pro's bend the tubes. I wasn't sure at first that their benders would do the job on the thick roll cage tubes but it worked just fine. Attached is a picture of it.

David 75K5

[​IMG]
    http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush