Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll cage question

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by TxK5Blazer, May 21, 2004.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I hope this goes in this forum. I have found a guy locally that build dune buggys. I talked to him yesterday about building a cage for the blazer. He seems pretty knowledgable on the subject. The only problem is he can only bend up to 1.5 inch and I wanted 1.75 inch tubing can I use 1.5" tubing and if so what size would be good for that. I plan to go to the floor then sandwich plates and make some down riggers to the frame. I don't have a drawing it will kinda be an as we go along build....Jason

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Personally I wouldn't use the 1.5". Not to say it won't work if you have a thick enough wall. One thing I would suggest is that you plan it out more. The difference between a good cage and and OK cage is ususally just the planning.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Offer to buy him a 1.75" or 2" die for his bender......and in exchange, ask for a discount on the cagework.

4. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Offer to buy him a 1.75" or 2" die for his bender......and in exchange, ask for a discount on the cagework.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is exactly what I was thinking this morning after I typed this post. I need to see what kind of bender he has and go from there thank god for CK5 well worth the membership dues....Jason