Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

roll cage seal

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by crewcab, Apr 11, 2002.

1. crewcab

crewcab 1/2 ton status

what did you use to seal your rolll cage were it goes through the floor?????

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I didnt seal it. sh!t, if the water wants to come in let it. it'll find a way. i just bolted it in. u dont notice a difference

NITRO

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

My base plates have tabs welded to them that run through slots in the floor. the bushing assembly bolts to the tabs and is mounted to the various frame mounts. I just siliconed the base plates and it's pretty tight. I do have several tubes that go straight through and a couple of them are just right at the size of the hole and have a bead around them, that's all. With a rigid chassis they don't move much. The other pair has a duct tape boot around them to keep it sealed up. We've used deck-tite boots on a couple of penetrations also. They're a weather tight boot for sealing pipes coming through roofs on buildings. Maybe a home depot as a source? They're the gray boots around the cage bars in the engine compartment. You might be able to see them in some of the pics on our site.