Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Cage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cycochevy, Jul 3, 2005.

1. cycochevy

cycochevy Registered Member

I'm looking for some info on a roll cage for my full size blazer, s&w make one but no one can give me any info on this kit. if ant one out there has any info or pics it would help me lots thank you

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

There are a few guys on here that have the S&W cage. I'm sure they'll post up some info for you.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I used to have smitty stuff...

[​IMG]

what do you want to know exactly?

j

4. cycochevy

Rollcage

what i'm trying to do is get a good pic of the s&w cage to compair the price of there kit to a local made one, (shipping costs are more are almost as much as the cage) do you have any complants on the smitty kit? don't look like you have the back half kit. thats the part i'm concerned with do to my son rides back there.. thank you

5. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Here are some pics of mine, not to visible, but I can take some with the top down if you need them. Mine is a factory roll bar with a Smitty front cage add on and I built the rear add ons for the kids. There are provisions to think about when building a cage. Like for me, I built mine so I could still fold down my soft top and I made it a 2 piece on the lower part of the rear hoop so I can take it in and out. When using the factory rollbar you have to tilt the front cage back to get it in and the rear of the cage restricts that movement. Just my thoughts and experience with building one. Do a search on roll cages and you will find many designs if you are to have one built.

DSC00705.JPG

DSC00709.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

DSC00711.JPG

6. cycochevy

seschev3 thank you for the pics but i'm not able to open them (not a member) if you like try to get me on blwa.org web site thank you again

7. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

How about an email address. You should really pony up and become a member though. As they say " a pic is worth a thousand words ". You are really missing out on a lot of great ideas that we all have and share with pics here on CK5.

8. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

Here is a pict of my s&w cage there are a few more in my gallery. I did add some bars for the seats to mount to and the door bar option swings open when you remove the pin. Love the kit because I do not have a bender but do have grinder/welder.
    I still cant believe how much snow was at the rubicon on memorial and how much is at the Dusy Ersham still.
    [​IMG]

9. jk5blazer

jk5blazer 1/2 ton status

how much room with that S&W kit. Room inside the blazer that is. Can you fit the dash over it or do you have to take it off.

10. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Now I have your smitty stuff!!! :D