Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll cage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KentuckyMudSlinger, Jan 5, 2006.

1. KentuckyMudSlinger

KentuckyMudSlinger Newbie

Hey i am new to this site. and i was looking for a rear roll cage for my 1986 k5 i know i will have to fab in myself thats not problem but desinging it is wear i am lost. I rolled it last week and had people in the back no one got hurt cause they wear all wearing there 5 points any help would be great

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Use the search function on the top of the forum page. Type in "roll cage" and you will have lots of reading to do without having to wait for replies. Also in the tech articles forum there is a good thread on roll cages.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  3. jeeptuff

jeeptuff 1/2 ton status

Good to hear knowbody was hurt, but why is there 5 points with no cage??? Where did you tie into to mount 5 points??? That is scary in itself.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you have the skillz to fab, but no good design ideas, i highly recommend checking out trusty's cage. Its pretty much the most looked-at pic on ck5, and for good reason.

AFA 5 points with no cage... in a low speed flop/roll, its prolly fine... but for anything extreme (multiple rolls, endo, high speed junk) you'll want the harness's shoulder straps mounted between 0-4" below the person's shoulder... otherwise you risk spine compression... never good.

j

5. KentuckyMudSlinger

KentuckyMudSlinger Newbie

Yeah i saw that pic looks like something i been wanting to do. thats a great design thanks guys. Yeah i just go a little hung up sideway and it did that sea saw thing and then flop on its side then unside down but its a chevy so it took it well lol...... does he have anymore side pic of that cage????