Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Cage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pismorat, Dec 8, 2002.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I have a '79 Chevy 4x4. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get an in-cab cage for it. I can't find any kits that anyone sells. Is custom fabing the only way around it? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im about ready to get one for my 86 K10, Id like to find some prefab ones also.

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

here's some Chris Alston they don't have a very good desciption though. Smittybuilt used to make them also

4. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

5. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    Try Echobit click They Have a bolt in kit for the blazer and will make custom application Stuff. I would think they may be able to help. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Bryan

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

SmittyBilt still makes them. That's what I used as a base for my 6pt cage. You have to call them direct, and ask for it they don't list it in any catalog.
    It's the in-cab kit for 73-87/pu's (fits' blazer too). The kit only bolts to the floor, so if you want to-frame protection, you'll have to fab up frame-body supports for underneath.
    I think fabbing it is better, less wasted space.
    Here's some pics of mine before I finished the back part of the cage ( I need to update...)

BlazerMan

7. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Try echobit he's going to do one for my blazer as soon as I get off my butt and get with him. hee will do about what ever you want.

8. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Gravity Fab (aka Echobit) is doing one for my K5 as we speak. Pics of the cage on their site is the one going in my rig. Very nice work, top quality customer service. I highly recommend them to anyone.

GRAVITY FAB