Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll cages in N Ca.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 70~K5, May 22, 2002.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

They have some good prices..

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

And being in Sacramento you can pick it up and save $100.00 plus on shipping. For $30.00 over the standard cage they'll custom bend one for you too.

4. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

wow a 8 pt cage for me would be like money for 3 weeks of gas!

5. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

I will try to see if I can set up a account with them tomorrow and get some deals for us. stay tuned.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Crud I live down the road from this place and probably have driven by it a thousand times and never saw it... I'm going to check them out during lunch if I can Friday (can't tomorrow going to a 4 Wheeler I hate Barbara Boxer rally at the Capital).... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Those prices are the pieces all in parts. You still have to fit them and weld it all together. Still looks like a good deal to me. I may go with the custom bent one so I can run the front bars thru the dash. Thinking about the 14 point cage. Would it be easier to climb in from the back or over the side?

8. ChevyCaGal

I dunno if they are all in parts or what...? I will check them out and ask... but I gotta jet now and get my butt downtown... so tomorrow that's on my list.....

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I called them and that is for all the parts bent for your car or truck. You have to get it welded up. Then for $30.00 more than the listed price they'll do a custom bent setup for you. But you have to give them all the measurements for the custom cage. They have a spot on their web page on how to measure for the custom job. The standard cage goes around the dash. If you want to go thru the dash like I do then you have to get the custom one.

10. ChevyCaGal

Well if I go with them and I probably will I'll bring my truck in for them to see it... I live close enough (it's on Younger Creek I live off of Elder Creek). I'll swing by during lunch tomorrow and at least check out the shop and talk to them... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You still have to fit them and weld it all together

<hr></blockquote>

that is the part that worries me. I don't weld well enuff to put my life in my beads. and those that can, usually charge a fair amount. If you brough these pieces to another shop, i don't think they would weld it up for you, even though the prices are great.

I was going to use Four Wheel Specialties in Oakland to bend and weld my cage. It was $800 for a 6 point with hoops and extended rear legs to the end of the bed. I was going to add a few things to it and it was going to cost me $1000 after my custom stuff is done. still not too bad

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW, I paid 300 fer my 6pt. I even got to help make it/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    SanJose Pipe Benders made it back in 94-95 time frame so duno if he is still there or doing it on the side anymore??
    Good Luck

13. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah I don't weld at all, but I do have a certified welder that does all my work on my big rigs. He charges $80.00 @ hr. but I can do the prep work then he'll do a little welding and I do more prep. So He'll only charge the time he's working on it. I've done lots of work at his shop. Sometimes I go over and he's having trouble on a job where a another set of hands will make it easy. I'll help him then he'll do some little stuff on my truck for free. I think I'll build the cage in stages. Get the main hoop done then go fit the next parts and get them welded. And so on and so on. Zakk the place that's doing your cage Might use this kit and weld it up for less than what they're charging the other way ask them.

14. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I found a guy here in Hollister that does it. He was going to charge me $650.00 for a 8 point..The problem is the guy takes months to do the work..He still has a friend of mines pickup cab..He has had the thing over 2 months..He wantd it done before this weekend at Pismo..I was going to have him do thumper. But he won't have it done before Blazer-Fest...Dan

15. ChevyCaGal

Dan check with the pirate4x4 board... there's a few guys that bend up cages there and have some sweet work! One guy I need to find his name said he'd build me one for $300 and then I cover the cost of the tubbing.... if I don't go with this place by me here I'll be calling him back... I'd be willing to bet you got a few folks close to you like him...