Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll Call For TDS with the Big Dawgs

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by chvyhs, Feb 15, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Who's going to make it to TDS Mar 1,2,&3? It's $45 preregistration (post marked before Feb 18) or $60 to register there.

Let us know if you want to register and go or if you just want to go there and play on our own.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I'm going and I have already registered. Being part of the event is fun, even if it does get slow at times! Some people will want to do their own thing, but in my opinion, that is what Sunday is for. It's totally up to everyone, if you don't want to pay, don't feel pressured. I think it's cool to help out the TDS club, who in turn donates money to Cal 4 Wheel and other organizations fighting to keep our lands open, plus you get a raffle ticket that could be worth big $$ in prizes!

Anyway, hope we get a good turnout for the weekend...only two weeks to go!

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well as of right now, I'm a big I HOPE SO!! The truck is taking longer than I anticipated on the body work. I keep finding rust spots that slow me down. As of right now my plan is to spray it next Sunday so I guess I'll let you know on Monday. I will probably still pay the $45 on Monday and if I don't end up going I have till the 28(I think) to get a refund. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

So Cal Big Dawgs are coming to a wheeling spot near you!!

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Im going. Since im unemployed i don't see any reason why i couldn't make it.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"The Voices told me to do it!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albun91>This is what they told me to do</a>

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Esteban, what do you need paint for? [​IMG] Hey, at least there is NOTHING out there that will rach out and scratch the paint! Except if you drive into the rocks or something...come awn, get yo *ss moving and have it ready! We need a large, imposing Blazer to look up to! [​IMG]

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I won't be able to make it. I won't have the Blazer ready in time[​IMG].

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

7. Esteban86K5

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

what do you need paint for?

<hr></blockquote>
    I want to be able to wax it like you do!![​IMG]

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Sh*t, every time I wax it (once a year), the paint COMES OFF! ha,ha [​IMG] The snow from this weekend cleaned it pretty well, shouldn't even have to wash it for next weekend! [​IMG]

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

9. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm going as an unregisterd vehical. Let's see how much trouble I can get myself into. Mike's probably going to be riding with me. I also have 2 other trucks that might be following me out there. See you there.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Isn't anyone else going? Come on, let's have a good turnout of K5s and fullsizes!! [​IMG] I know that Mike (blazin91) is going, but he has not posted here yet...

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

11. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

hey keith can you bring some stickers to tds?? Thanx!!!

NO LOCKER, STOCK GEARS, NO PWR BRAKES, NO POWER STEERING, NO PROBLEM!

HIT IT FULL CHICKEN!!!!

12. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I should have the new stickers by this weekend, I will definitely bring them to TDS!

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

13. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I have the stickers, they look cool! Looks like we will have awesome weather for next weekend - high 70s in the day, and 40s at night (good campfire weather!) Speaking of which, can we get everyone to bring some wood out there? We came up a bit short last time (when you stay up late, you need MORE wood!), so it would be nice to have more this time. Hell, without Steve's truckload of wood, we would have been drinking beer while shivering! [​IMG]

Anyway, hope to see everyone out there...

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

14. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I don't think that I can fit more than 5 pallets of wood in the back of the Sub with out leaving my toolbox, camping gear, and food behind. This is why I must create my offroad trailer out of that extra truck I have.

15. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know, it's always a tradeoff between wood and cargo room...but just think if we had Jeeps! If we all just bring as much as we can, I think we will be ok...and if not, we just go to bed earlier! [​IMG] It looks like we will be going out Thursday night (myself, Preston, Brian and Ryan), so we will see you out there!

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

16. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

got the wood coverd!!!

NO LOCKER, STOCK GEARS, NO PWR BRAKES, NO POWER STEERING, NO PROBLEM!

HIT IT FULL CHICKEN!!!!

17. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks Mike! Are you bringing the Bronco out? Preston will feel lonely with another Bronco! ha,ha

Keith

So Cal Big Dawgs
    President

18. Esteban86K5

Ladies and Gentelmen..........MY TRUCK HAS BEEN PAINTED!!!!!![​IMG] Now the only thing I need to do is put it back together.[​IMG] As of right now I'm still a go. And I will probably be coming out Friday night and leaving Sunday morning. So keep your fingers crossed for me. I have a tight schedule this week so i'll be working soome late nights. See ya!!

19. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Are you going to have mirrors under your show truck Esteban? Do you have enough armoral for the tires?

I need directions to TDS. Anybody have any latitude an longitude? Which freeway is it off? It looks like I'm bringing both kids and no wife.

20. Esteban86K5

I've got mirrors, storbe lights under the hood for all the chrome and neon under the body for that COOL look.[​IMG] Yeah RIGHT!!!! I have to admit that the paint job is AWESOME. My neighbor did the paint. BUT the body work is not that great. i did the body work. It was my first time and I learned a lot. But that's ok. I'm happy with it. At least it is all one color and has no rust on it. You guys will all be able to criticise it on saturday.

BTW for those of you that were at the Blazer-Safari and at MDA, my kids were sick about 3-4 days proir to those events. Well guess what? Hope I don't get it again.[​IMG]