Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

roll down side windows in a sub?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by gambit420s, Jun 10, 2005.

1. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

anyone ever tried to use a truck rear window rolldown kit to make the rear side windows on a sub go down? just trying to think of my dog...
    i cant find a link for a kit but something like they sell for sport trucks for a retractable rear window.

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I dont think there is enough room in the fenders for the windows to roll down.
    I assume you have barn doors, otherwise you could roll down the tailgate window. Build some sliding side windows, like the blazers or camper shells have. :burb:

3. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

LMC lists sliding side rear windows in their latest Suburban catalog. Pricey though, at around $500 each.

4. gambit420s

yeah i think those kits only have like 12-14" of travel i was just thinking if you shortened the window there might be enough room

i saw a sub with a blazer lift off roof on it one time that could be cool. but just trying to think about the dog

sliders do seem like the way to go

Lick My Crotch can do just that :angry1: , but thanks for the info :thumb:

5. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK I thought of an idea :D
    bust/take out the rear side windows, screw in a tailgate net on each side :cool1:.
    You wont need to worry about too many nosy people looking in couse your dog will be there :thumb: :burb:

6. gambit420s

"Prison Burb"??

that was my second thought, i've got some security fencing. That imma make a panel for behind my front bench(just like every other B**CH, ,she dont stay in her place) but using it over the windows would look cool, kinda prison bus-like,
    probably wouldnt use netting though, 1:i dont have it, 2:too nascar-ey for me, 3:The whole prison burb thing is really growing on me...

that would actually be cool looking, do all the windows with the fencing, i'll mock it up and get some photos

7. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

How about van windows that pop out in the back doors. They look to be about the same size :dunno:

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nah i think there more square, and the burbs taper in on the top.

could steel the hardware and get a glass drill bit and adapt them to the burb windows that would be cool