Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll in Liner Bedlining

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Liner456, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Liner456

Liner456 Newbie

My buddy, A&P, and I were thinking about doing a bedlining job on our blazers. My plan is to bedline the interior of the truck from the tailgate to up under the dash. Has anyone done a job like this? If so, if there are any ideas as to what to buy or what not to buy, please let me know. Lastly, if you could post the end amount you spent on the job, so that I may have some financial reference. Thanks.

If you have to stop to put your truck into four after getting stuck, its already too late.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I did just the bed area of my blazer (floor and sidepanels) I used Herculiner and it took 2 gallons (if you want it thick) at about $200.00 and another $20.00 or so for other supplise and if I had to do it agine I would take it in and have it sprayed It's real ruff and dirt and dust are a pain to clean out you diffinetly dont want to crawl around the back with out pant's on it will tear up your knees.

Corey 78K5
    350CI, TH350, 203, Dana 44,12 Bolt, 4"lift, Shackel Flip, Sawsall and 35" BFG's

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I did one truck bed with Hurculiner and took two others to the Rhino Bed Liner place. Hurculiner was about $200 plus and Rhino was about $500. At the rate the Hurculiner is coming up (I use the trucks for construction) that truck will be heading over to the Rhino shop soon. Learn from our mistakes! Spend the extra money ... I wish I had.

Rhino liner is much thicker, has a little cushion to it, goes down more even and has a more consistant sheen. It holds up to abuse and ultra violate (sp?) much better.

Eric M.

Blown K3500 [​IMG]

4. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Just so you know I think AutoZone is still selling their kit with like a 20.00 coupon, that way you can put it on thick and still save some money ...

Shane-

79' K5 Body Hurting But Runs Great!!

5. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I sprayed my tub with the Duplicolor Bed Liner from Autozone. Spent about 200 in liner plus another 50 for the sprayer, thinner, scotchbrite,paint prep solvent and other supplies. And after all the labor to do it, I say it's not worth it. It is not permanent like a Rhino or Linex. It will scape off with any force. I have a Linex and a Rhino in my pickups and that is the way I'd go if doing the tub again. Rhino is thicker and softer, and Linex is thinner and harder whichever is your preference, and both have lasted through many years of abuse. Good luck. JT

6. turd73

turd73 Registered Member

I had my 73 sprayed this week. From tailgate to dash. I went to 4 Wheel Parts. It helps cause I work there. They are spraying tubs for $399 if they are stripped. The liner is just shy of a quarter inch, and has the look of line-x. The stuff looks great and is tough. Made my turd really look good.

Travis

73 Blazer
    Bought for $700

7. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Durabak is some tough stuff that sticks really well and costs @ $90 a gallon which should be enough to cover the inside of your cab... plus it's offered in many different colors.

1980 chevy 4x4 1-ton crewcab, 500 caddy, York OBA...work in progress.