Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roll on bed liner over POR15?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CR, Sep 20, 2004.

1. CR

CR Registered Member

The interior of my K5 only has a small rusty spots on the floor. I want to use POR15 to coat the entire floor and side wall areas. When this is finished I thought of using one of the roll on bed liners or a spray in type. Would the liner stick to the POR15? Would a better option be to just POR15 the rusty spots and then line the rest? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I've use a lot of POR-15,but havent tried any bedliner coating over it--I know unless you put any topcoat of paint on while its still tacky,it will peel off like saran wrap.Seems POR-15 is pretty slippery when it dries,and many other paints dont adhere to it well.Maybe someone else can give a better answer who has tried it--I've put rubberized undercoating over it and it seems to stay on ok--maybe they have a website for POR-15 you could e-mail and ask them,or maybe a "Rhino Liner"place could answer your question--anyhow,even just the POR-15 alone will be pretty effective at converting and preventing more rust,especially on the inside of the truck where its hidden from the sun--U V rays degrades POR-15 and makes it go flat,but it still seems to work.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I had Linex sprayed over POR-15 and also rolled Durabak over it in other areas. As long as you use their top coat there's no problem with adhesion, and according to POR's instructions you can rough sand the POR and it'll allow for topcoats of any type. I just didn't want to chance a problem so I used their top coat primer.