Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RollCages for a K-5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Marlboro, Mar 12, 2000.

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Registered Member

Hi All,

New on the list! Nice to know that all of the lists out there aren't for JUST JEEPS :) I have an 81 K-5 and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a RollCage or RollBar Kit (The kind ya weld in) or any bolt on ideas. This truck will spend most of its life with the top off, and I want to have a little security for when I get off camber on the ROcks

Thanks,

Mike

2. snidgen

snidgen Registered Member

smitty built has a bolt in version for the rear bar and a weld inkit to do the drivers area. I am also contenplating this install but wonder about the safety of something that just bolts in...on the down side i got a quote of 1000.00 to do a custom bar at a local shop

3. Marlboro

Well,
    As long as the mounting area is big enough not to punch through the sheet metal, you'll be fine. A guy I know rolled his blazer using a kinda crappy Bolt In RollBar from a chevy pickup and it help up! I'll give SmittyBuilt a call and see what I they have....Thanks!

Mike

4. mico85K5

mico85K5 Registered Member

I am wrong or is there a built in roll cage in the cab of many year models? If there is (i'm pretty sure) just how strong is it supposed to be?

Wondering-Mick

Driving your blazer=FUN!

5. Marlboro

I have heard that they are fairly strong, but unfortunately I don't even have that. I believe only the 70's Blazers camer with them. Besides, I want a full cage in the back. So I either have to peice on together from smittybuilt, or have a custom made. My friend is an Journeyman Welder, but has no mandrell tube bending machine....Damn...:))