Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROLLCALL: AZ K5's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 NUTT, May 26, 2000.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

ROLLCALL: AZ K5\'s

Ever since our meeting at the Tempe town lakes i haven't seen anyone posting on the boards...every one leave town for the summer? Lol!!! It is getin a tad warm...lol. For those of you that were there i have completed 80% of the work on the Chalet...she is now sportin the original red-orange stripe on the body...recieved a set of 5 powder coated ralley's with allmost new 32x11.50's...rebuilt TH350 along with a NP205 and new shafts!!! Still got a few things to address afore the trip to Denver next month but we'll get there!!! Hey...whats up for the Holiday weekend?
    Lake trip?Anyways here is a pic of her last night curtosey of Az Freightliner's dig camera..hehehe.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: ROLLCALL: AZ K5\'s

Well Doug, appears your buddies are holing up for summer with all that dry heat hitting..........was it really 110 the other day?? Man, I miss that heat........not! LOL Good to see you back on line.........

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

Yes, it did get up to 110. But its a dry heat right???? Although it did get to a cool 80 degrees in the evening. Only 4 more months before winter.....I cant wait..

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I don't mean the be nosey, and you can tell me it's none of my business, but ... how much denero you got into that rig????? Damn - I could retire in that!!! Just curious.

5. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

Hi from Oro Valley(N.Tsn area)I'm the FNG here but happy to find a good K5 site.
    Adios,Brian

6. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

your truck would look pretty good with 44s

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

YOU MEAN ONLY ONLY FOUR MORE MONTHS TIL ITS ONLY 95 DURING THE DAY? I DONT MIND 55 AT NIGHT. THANK GOD FOR THE WHITE MOUNTAINS AND ROCKY POINT HUH?

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Frank T...notice the seats in the Chalet? You should recognize those babies....lol...thanx a million! As far as $ into K5 #2...started off with purchase price of $3,500...just dumped $2,500 with tires..trans..paint..powder coating the wheels..and RV work...before that we spent another grand or so with new rear axle shafts and bearings..rear brakes complete down to new adjusters...front brakes complete...balljoints...tie rods..drag link..etc..alignment. And we still have to go to the CB shop...Dick's speedo and tach for new cables and try to get the cruise up and workin...thats why i work so much O/T!!! Lol..gotta love it though!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, look familiar! Great you got them in, glad to help. Looks like the Chalet is ready for the trip........sounds like a new truck to be honest with ya, with all you put into it. Outstanding!

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

10. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Hey .....I'm still here ...working more than I should....,up here in Las Vegas(were I work)..It's getting da$% hot too....broke two records two days in a row...Kingman's not bad...still under 100..I think ...not here to feel it in the day...anyway..talk to you all later!!!!!~CLINT~

11. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

I'm still here, too. It was a hot one here yesterday, too. It got up to 74 for a high. Today it's almost 85![​IMG]
    Ya'll need to come up to the cool pines for some wheelin'.

Blazin' in Flagstaff