Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rolled Over

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bluestreak, Dec 29, 2000.

1. bluestreak

bluestreak Newbie

Hi, yesterday while doing some 4 wheelin I rolled my blazer over..There is no major damage except the roof where it meets the windshield..Whats the best way to go about fixin this?? So far it looks like I need a drivers side fender, hood, driver side door glass, and a windshield.. oh yea and a huge hammer..I got pictures, i'll try to get posted..
    Thanks

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

If you take it to a body shop with a frame machine they can pull that window post back out for you, the rest should be bolt on. Do you know what angle you were at before it rolled, and how much lift do you have?

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. bluestreak

bluestreak Newbie

Yea its a stock 1986 Silverado with 33's on it. There is no real lift just factory front quad shocks. i was making a left turn down a hill and it felt a little shaky so i took it really slow, then it all felt good, so i let my foot off the brake and turned the wheel a little and the truck rolled right over...

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Bluestreak,
    It depends, what year Blazer you have, and how mangled it got. This is my opinion, and I've been around autobody work for the last couple years now. If you have a 69-75, replace the windshield frame. It might not be that easy to find, but it will produce the cleanest results. If you've got a 76-91 and if the damage isn't that bad, then have a shop straighten it out. If it's too far gone, replace the roof. I know some people are against replacing roofs, it's just that a lot of shops don't do it right. The edges of the two pieces being joined together need to crimped so the weld retains some of it's strength when it's grinded down. Some guys would just weld to pieces together and then grind down the weld, and by the time they're done most of the weld is gone. Can you post some pics?

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!