Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roller Rockers for a Fox Body Mustang? HELP

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Feb 27, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thinking about a birthday present for my little sister. My present thought is either a set of valve covers or roller rockers for her Mustang. Valve covers would probably be the cheaper way to go. Where should I look for these parts? How do I know what ones fit her car? She has a 93 Mustang with a 5.0. It has other than factory heads but no idea what exactly.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

isent the 5.0 pretty common, its like the SBC they have a whole section dedicated to it in the summit catalouge

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Have you poped the valve covers? If it has aftermarket heads chances are it already has roller rockers. Before you go changing the rockers you need to know what cam is in it. If you change the ratio it may not work with the cam ,cause coil bind, or worse hit the piston. So be careful what you do in there. Stock 5.0 ratio is 1.6 to 1. They are a non adjustable pedistal type rocker.

If you get valve covers get good aluiminum ones the stamped steel ones always seem to leak. Need to know what kind of rockers are in it for the right valve covers. Stock type wont fit most stud mount roller rockers. need tall covers.
    What kind of valve covers ar in it now?

4. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Yeah .. what Thunder said... :D

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I just asked her whether it does or not. She asked her boyfriend(one whos done most of the work on the car) and he has no idea :rolleyes: Stupid Ford guys. Whatever, valve covers are expensive and roller rockers are even more. I'll get her what I did last year, NOTHING. I just wanted to upgrade it a little since I love driving the thing :D