Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rollin Over Compacts? (4x4 Accidents)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigBurban350, Jun 27, 2003.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Has anybody ever gotton into an accident in their lifted truck(38's and up)? Do you jump over the victoms and keep going? Do they take out your front axle?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I did on 33s and stock front suspension. Hit right center of her hood on an angle and went right up and over and drove off. No I didn't leave but I drove off the road(over a curb) into a parking lot. It bent my front 10 bolt, bent my bumper a tiny bit, and smacked up the fender pretty good(from hitting the hood of the car with it. If it weren't for the bumper creating a skid plate and pushing my truck up onto the hood I think the front axle would have been ripped out from under my truck. Aka I was very glad I didn't have a 4" lift like I wanted at the time. I know thats not what your asking really but its my experience.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I only had wimpy 36's, but I took out a Ford Temp pretty good. She came up beside me when I was turning right. My front tire went over the corner of her fender and made her headlight flat. Then once the truck was over, my rocker was setting on the edge/corner of her fender, she backed up, I guess she freaked, and it tore a huge gash in her car. I spray painted over the mark she left, and it was good as new. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. gruveb

gruveb Registered Member

Mine was a side impact actually. I got T-boned in a 72 C10 (I loved that truck) by a S10 Blazer. I screwed up cab terribly and possibly bent the frame. My passenger had a scratch on his knee from when the glass broke. The S10 Blazer had the engine shoved between the front seats though. I was unscathed. In some cases, bigger is better huh?

I know it's not what you're asking for but............

Recently a business owner in Phoenix ran over some would-be theives in their car in his hummer.

5. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I had an accident with a Ford Probe GT back in 94 with my 71 K5 with lil 35" ground hawgs and a 3" lift. She ran a red light in front of me and we hit front corner to front corner and the hawgs just climbed her car and squished it into the ground. It pushed my axle back and over 6 inches, slightly wrinkled the right fender, bent the front bumper into a grin, and bent my frame. Did $2800 worth of damage to my original hugger orange baby, never drove the same after that even after it was fixed. Her car was a different story, did $15k worth of damage. After that accident I always laugh when I see the stickers "Have you driven over a Ford lately?" and I think not lately but I have /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i got rearended by a mercedes in my sub once, the benzo was thrashed, all it did was scratch my hitch.

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I know this isnt what your asking but I pulled a mazda truck out once and he kept going in reverse and turned. right below his passenger door hit the corner of my passenger bumper and he had a nice sized dent and scratch. I had nothing... not a sign of any damage.

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

u kno i actually got rear ended by a full sized 76 ford pickup, her headlights were at my bumper level and her grille wrapped around my rear bumper but didnt do a bit of damage to the sub. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

9. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

ha these are funny... well i was at school once looking for a parking spot and my friend was aways ahead of me, in a little s-10 blazer.. well he starts flying down the road backwards at me in the parking lot.. so now he is right against my bumper and the turn is behind me, so he steps on the gas again and BAM.. he freaking hits me going backwards, he was doing about 15 and i was doing 10 or so.. we got out and it smashed in his spare tire and bent his tailgate.. the backwindow doesnt latch anymore!! haha, i looked at my truck.. a tiny little scracth on the front bumper.. my bumper was almost at the top of his spare tire cuz of my lift.. it was awesome!! bigger is better! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

when i was in HS we were hangin out in the parking lot before school and Jay who had a really huge long bed F150 on some 36in TSL SX's was pullin out of his spot next to a Thunderbird and he cut to close and the front of the car went under his truck and the rear tire starts to grab and go over the car it was awsome.

11. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I ran over the back of a mid 80's Buick Century. The sloped trunk lid makes an excelent ramp. Tow hooks gouged into the deck lid. One of my employees ran over the back of a late 80's FWD GM in the parking lot. 38" SX's didn't do the rear of it any favors. Didn't hurt the truck. Lady backed out w/o Looking.

12. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I got into an accident in high school when I first got my suburban. I had work study so I left early everyday, when I was pulling out of the parking spot I cut it to sharp and demolished the front end of this little honda. The weird thing is I didnt hear or feel anything, I just happened to look at my side view to see her bumper on the ground /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

Well, the owner of this car happened to be in my 2nd hour class /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif, doh! She was hotty too /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, she was crying /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. She forgave me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i had a 86 f-250 with a 6 in sus and a 3 in body lift. i had a guy keep cutting me off in traffic, after the third time i got pissed and floored it . idrove over the passanger side of his car .i stayed on 2 wheels for a bit, then got her staitened out . the whole time pooping my pants.those 40in tires did some damage. it cost me allmost $3000.00, and i got a careless driving ticket. the same truck was taken out by a little car a year and a half later. i spun out on ice and went in his lane, he ripped the rear end out and bent the frame. some of the other stories i can't say ,(i don't know who's reading this) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I feel there are gunna be many flames about that post!
    How much was that careless driving ticket?
    Way to put that bitch in line, though /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. boggerless

$105.00 , plus higher ins. yea that f**k pissed me off and i lost it, (i think my grandfather invented road rage). the best part was that nut started sending me letters,saying i needed to change my life, find god and all. this coming from a ass-hole that cut me off three times . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. boggerless

i'm not saying that what i did was o.k. but damn-it , if you want to play tough guy , be ready for the end results. like the idiot that waits to the last minute to change lanes for his exit and everyone else has to stop to let him in. i refuse to let that dork in ,he can get off on the next exit and turn around. i've worked on 8 mile (yea the movie) for 19 years, and those homies will stop in the street to run in the liquor store.after that long you get tired of it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. mirage

mirage Registered Member

18. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

19. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

ha best picture ever! damn little cars /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status