Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

roof laying in front yard, need pic of 73-75 doors...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yeild2me, May 27, 2001.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i am about to cut the doors, but i need a pic of them with the caps off to see how they are cut......thanks

AIRBORNE!!

2. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

hey im doing the same thing, how did the cutting go? big hole left in top of the bed rail? thx j.c.

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

cutting the roof wasnt to bad...its filling the holes that sucks!! weld, weld, weld...grind, grind, grind ....trying to make it even across before i finish it with bondo. i was supposed to get pics of MTpockets doors before i left so i would know how to cut them, but i forgot...[​IMG]

AIRBORNE!!

4. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i think the doors are pretty simple, two straight cuts then you have to 45 the top of the wing window frontwards towards the windsheild. did you mount your shoulder belts to your roll cage? how much did you get you windsheild frame stubbed and grafted for$ ? cheapest i found for quality work was $350. i would do that myself but that has to be exactly the right size. any plans for a bikini retainer yet? thx j.c.

5. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I can get you a pic in the morning if you still need one, it's too dark to do now. When you cut, I suggest that you cut a little higher than what you think you need and then test fit. Once you know how it looks on the truck, then you can cut or grind down to the final dimension.

6. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i am putting a 73-75 softop on, so i am not messing with grafting a header for a hard top. the sucky part is welding the steel to cover the gaping holes. welding sheet metal is also kicking my a$$.

jason, if you can still get those for me, i would appreciate it!!
    1 of the top, and one of the bottom looking back to front.

thanks rob

AIRBORNE!!

7. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

still need pics of the top...the bottom is done and good to go, its the top thats boggling my mind [​IMG], i just cant grasp the concept of the angles!! i did finally get everything welded, filled, sanded and primed...looks pretty damn good for me (i aint no body man, but have messed around with it in the past!!) the top will have to be filled this week, as i need to get some 1'X1" square tubing to weld in....how do i connect a rollbar to the window frame??

AIRBORNE!!