Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roof POP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85 blazer, Nov 4, 2002.

1. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

I did some wheeling first time with Blazer and went over some off camber ruts where the rear tire was 3 feet in the air and the roof popped is this normal???

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Mine used to pop and bang all the time before I removed it. It did this for years with no issues. I wouldnt worry about it.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hehehe yeah the do a fair amount of complaining and shifting around. I have a steel body pannel in the 79 that would make a bang that I can only describe as sounding like somebody bounced a basket ball off the side of the truck LOL
    It's loud too. People out side the truck always turn and look when it does it and go WTF was that. I think it's either the inner roof pannel or the inner fender doing it.
    If your truck has rust (well even if you don't think it does) check the tail pan. They will rust out and start folding when off roading.

4. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

New tailpan this year and fenders and inner fenders and doors rest was all good, was just curious about the roof pop!!!!!!

5. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

mine's popped ever since it was stock. changing out the body mounts to poly's helped some. when i box up the frame a bit it'll prob fix it. i believe its caused by the frame flexing and twisting up the body.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

It is normal. When you start to flex the body it will make popping sounds from the roof.