Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roof Rack

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DeadBoy, Feb 16, 2003.

1. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Newbie

Hey folks, I'm new to this thing. I got a K5 Blazer (it's a Mil M1009) that I junked the 6.2L Diesel and dropped in a 383 Stroker. What I want is a STURDY roof rack (capable of holding me and some gear) that will allow me to have the fiberglass shell. I need to use it to some announcing etc etc from. I can make one but i'm lazy and I want to buy one. I ideas would be cool. Thanks tons. Matt@powerconnect.com

-mcm

2. daimok

daimok Registered Member

ive been looking at using a plastic pallet from work , if one were to walk out the door someday. Ive seen a few of these over the years hit the trash bins , wish i would have saved one. Multiple bolt down locations , many openings for bolting spare tire and hilift jack.

the retailer specs out at 19 pounds in weight , 12,000 load rating.

only price i know of is $69 for a heavier one from northerntools. that one weighs 40 pounds

http://www.pp-c.com/nestable.shtml#retailer

3. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

sounds like a good deal. less weight the better on the roof. i know that with just my 32 11.5 spare on the roof of my old cherokee made things a little tipsy. i also am lookin for some type of roof rack since i have kayaks i need to haul around.

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Con-ferr rack, 36x54 inches; I've taken photos from up there without problems, estimated weight 400 lbs (that's me plus assorted gear). It doesn't come with a floor so you'll have to put make your own; I've use steel and aluminum 3/4 inch square stock so I can tie down stuff but you could also put in diamond plate. There's some pics on my site if you're interested.

5. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

yakima makes racks that bolt straight to the top. i have them on my k5 and its great. they work with all the yakima stuff, so u can use it for just about anything. carry my kayaks up to the river every other weekend in summer. i highly recomend them.