Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roofmounted highbeam Q's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Espen88k5, Oct 14, 2000.

1. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Roofmounted highbeam Q\'s

Been real busy lately, got Warn fenderflares on her now,I also have a Lund moonvisor installed. getting my "performance wheels" 1,5" spacers for the rear next week, the 33 12,5 BFG's on 10" chromespoke's are going on ready for winther. It's starting to look like a 4x4.

Today I installed 4 highbeams on the roof. I just wondered if it mathers any that I made all 4 lights go to one relè/switch? It lights upp the road like daylight so I just wondered...

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Roofmounted highbeam Q\'s

It might depend on where you live if you can use them. I guess if you use them off road only that would be ok. Here in Texas you can get a ticket if one of them doesn't have a cover on it.

90K5

3. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Would love to see some pics.

I didn't know warn made fender flares. Is that new? What are they like? Cutouts?

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I have 13 lights on my truck besides the oem 4 and use 6 toggles. You will probably melt your toggle switches over and over unless you use a 50 amp toggle. It would probably be a good idea to use 1 toggle for each pair(2) of lights. 4 lights to 1 toggle is pushing it. Also another hint is to run the shortest ground wire as possible from your lights oh and maybe 10 or 12 gage wire on your ground.
    p.s I've been flashed at nite twice and it feels great to light up a total of 17 lights right back at em. Especially since I didnt have on my high beams. HEEHAW!!!

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Togle switch, is that what we call a relè? The black box with 4 wires that click's?? Anyway each pair came with it's own wiringharnes and togle switch so I have the option to do some more wiring but wont if it will hold the way it is. Made the hole for the wires through the fiberglass topp and sealed it with silicon. Blacked out all the wiring with black tape. Looks great. They will have to be covered upp most of the daylight-driving I do. But the police here are not patroling the way the officers are in the states.
    They will have controll-posts a couple of times a year but thats all their budgetts allowes them to do. The rest of the day is spent in the office.
    Anyhoot, I used a short fat groundwire, It's bright enough to start forest fires[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG], when dimming down I feel I loose all vision because my pupils are about the size of a needlepin.[​IMG][​IMG]

Next comes air-hornes!!

(warn has probably the best fenderflares around. They are wide and have a perfect fit, looks almost like it came that way exept for it's about 3" wide...) maybe pics at www.warn.com ?

Take care.

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

6. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

One of my friends turned on his off road lights (only 2 of them) one time when someone flashed him and the guy lost control of his truck. He swerved onto the shoulder and over corrected and nearly hit my friend head on. My friend lost his driver's side mirror and the other guy ended up in the ditch on the wrong side of the road. I'll admit I love having my own personal sun mounted on my truck but there's a reason those stickers say "Off-Road Use Only".

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

7. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

It was my understanding that covers were not required here in Texas....just don't use anything over 55 watts on the road....I know if you're caught on the road with them bad boys turned on, you can get ticketed...Police would be very busy around these parts writing the White Knight tickets if that were the case[​IMG]I've got 6 130 watt lights on the Knight

White Knight

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

JCG
    I dont endorse it and would definetly not do to someone that was close enough to me to smack into my truck.
    We all do things sometimes that we shouldn't do, but in my defense I felt it was reasonable to do at the time. Don't hold against me.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing</font color=blue>[​IMG]

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I wasn't stating that to you personally, just in general. It happens a lot around here but it's usually the little high school punks in thier hondas with 2 sets of 100 watt driving lights (crappy blue lenses on all of them) all pointed straight into on coming traffic. Those little sh!ts don't just flash people, they turn them on and leave them on. They're so bright that you can't even read your dash and then your blind for 10 minutes afterwards. I'm sure my barely legal 55 watt low beams don't help matters much (35 is stock), I aimed them down because I got sick of EVERY car flashing me but the rice boys still get to see the light [​IMG]. Actually, I'm starting to like your idea, those damn little kids deserve it... I think I need to order a couple of those 1 million candlepower Lightforce portable supernovas.[​IMG]

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Joe
    Not offended at all. Agree with you strongly on the damn lil punks with those blue lights, wish I could kick the crap outta of them every time I see them using their lights for no reason. I drive a big truck across country and I see those damn things everywhere. Personally think they should outlaw fog (FAG) lights ( at least thats what truck drivers call em).