Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rookie Needs Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by babyburb, Nov 1, 2006.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Hey Guys need some ideas

I just ordered a 12000 lb winch and will be building a home built front bumper. My question is this. I am looking at the Tuff Country Ez ride 6" suspension to clear 38.5x11 meats when the $$$ comes in. With a front bumper that weights between 300 and 400 lbs, do I need to go with the 4" heavy duty springs instead to compensate for the heavy weight. or will the ez rides handle the stress. If the 4, what options do I have to gain the other 2" and what combination do I run in the rear. Planning to install air bag in rear for help with towing.

Any one recommend dual shocks for better daily driving? Will it be worth the $275.
    What do you think?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

:yikes:
    :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

That's one heavy bumper. I hope that includes the weight of the winch as well.

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Dual shocks will probably make it ride worse.

4. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

the winch itself weights 95lbs.

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Actually the Tuff Country 6" spring is a HD spring. You will be fine. I ran the 4" EZ and after adding my bumper, the winch, and a complete Exo cage, I just ordered the extra leaf that makes the EZ ride into the HD. It was like 30.00. I say go for the EZ and if you need more later, or if you just want it stiffer, add the extra leaf.

In all reality your bumper probably wont be 400lbs even with the winch. My entire exo only added 700 lbs to my truck and that is includine the front and rear 2x8x.25 rectangle tube bumpers.

Where in Tx are you?

And DO NOT add dual shocks.

6. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I am up around the Gainesville area. u know anywhere up here to go play that is legal. the corp boys enjoy handing out $500 and up fines for being down on the river or lake. I'd rather buy my locker for the 14bff!