Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RootBreakers Next Stage.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Apr 23, 2004.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Well I just took the plunge towards the next and final stage... When I say final I am refering to Driveability....
    GeorgesBlazah (ps.com) and I figured out how low I have to go in the front of my truck to get it legal... took the front tires off of the front and lowered it down... to get the door down to 33" I have to put 6" front leafs on!!!

so on order now is...
    6" skyjacker front leafs
    polly busings
    skyjacker front shocks
    Bushwacker front cutout fender flares
    and the suspension will be handled by
    OffRoadDesign crossover kit (everything except the gearbox)
    all this will get the truck to legal height, steering hooked up and fenders covering tires... all that will be required for inspection is mudflaps, new carb as mine is shot... to which I gave someone a truck with a motor in it ... so hopefully i will get that carb.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif....Also noticed that I have a front tierod end that is bad....
    plus front shaft needs to be cut to have 4wd... it is too long now....

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

sounds like you need to move somewhere else then Jersey... I guess out in oregon we have it pretty good. the only thing they ever give you [darn] for are mudflaps....

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Screw that, Oregon is nice, but just get it over with and move to Texas /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif