Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rose bush

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, all you with green thumbs, did all your plants make it through the winter ?? One of my rose bushes didn't. Going too have too replace it. Think I'll get a couple of climbing rose bushes and let them grow into each other. Maybe one red and one yellow. That'd look nice climbing up the corner of the deck. Local greenhouse quoted me a price of $18.59 per rose bush. Said they'll grow up to 15 feet high.

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Cut that bush back to about 4-6 inches from the ground, you might be surprised.

If it's not rotten or pulling right out of the ground it might still be alive.

Also, watch those climbing roses, they can go a little nuts and become a real pain in the ass.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The other roses are green and leafing up. This one is brown, brittle and dry. I like the climbers. Think it'd be cool too let them climb up along the deck.[​IMG] Old pic, but I think a couple climbing roses on each corner of the deck would look nice. Might help when we go too sell the trailer house.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'm not big on the climbers just 'cause I had a couple of monsters at the old house. You may want to look into a dwarf variety though, they might stay small enough. Your deck looks to be maybe 3-4 ft off the ground, my regular sized climbers grew over a 6 ft fence and about 12-15 ft. wide in 2 seasons.

I learned the hard way that you should massacre them every season to keep 'em small and healthy.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I want them too climb up the deck. Be really cool in my opinion. Every summer we have mega plants all over the deck.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hrm... Maybe I should get into gardening... My mom plants a bunch of random flowers in the front yard every summer that never make it through fall... mostly it looks like a big mess because there's a few huge sunflowers almost as tall as me, then a bunch of little things, and then weeds taking over... Might look nice with some medium-sized flowers and regular maintenance... Perhaps I'll help out this year :cool1:

7. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I lost a cherry tree do to a buck rub by a nice 10 point. I vow revenge come November. :D Think I saw it a couple days ago his atlers are just starting to grow.