Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rosie O'Donnel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Rosie O\'Donnel

I was just watching Fox news and this pig says that she will be giving up her show (thank god) so that she can promote homosexual adoption!!!!!! WTF now if these people want to do what ever behind closed door's thats their own deal but why should a chiled be subjected to their life style. She makes me sick, and was anyone really shocked when she made the big speach that she was coming out of the closet?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Rosie O\'Donnel

Yeah, she pretty much sucks.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Shocked......HELL NO! I Knew years ago! I don't mind homosexuality, but I don't need to know all about it! Lets have a straight adopt a kid march! LOL (is that pc?)

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

well

Im not a racist, im not a biggot, and i'm not a anti-gay (whats the real word?)..I have NO PHOBIA'S ....personally I think its one of the best things that can happen for the gay community. why shouldnt they be allowed to raise children? and Adopt them as their own. If I was to have 2 children with John, then leave him for a woman, should my children be taken away from me? No... so whats the difference.

The entire joke about a child being raised in a TWO parent, MALE/FEMALE household is a crock of shi*t... there are numerous parents that are single parents either by choice, or by no fault of their own-- think 9-11 widows... does that mean that becuase a single woman shouldnt adopt- that all of those women should have their children taken away from them?

There are millions of children in foster care- or abandoned. or worse yet- that die in our country becuase they are "unwanted" by their biological parents. Why not let two women, or two men, adopt them- if they meet the same requirements that a two sex couple meet.

I guess you can tell I'm from Vermont- only state in the country to allow civil Unions

Brandy

5. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!! I have an uncle that is gay and it has in no way affected my life. If these kids are unwanted by society because they are special needs...or too old (which in most cases people want to adopt babies only) then why not allow to people of the same sex adopt a child. They have just as much love in there hearts as you and I. I am not a real big fan of Rosie but with the amount of children that die each year in unwanted family situations, or the amout of children waiting to be adopted ....why not give them a chance. Several people have proven(by being foster parents) that they are capable of lovig these kids with all there heart. Check out the site I posted the link to below. It tells the story of 2 gay men who have taken in AIDS children from birth as a foster home. Now suddenly after many years of being a "family" the state of Florida decides that these living arrangements aren't suitable and are trying to find another family for one of the children. How fair is that? He has grown up all his life in this home. Another thing to consider....if this is so wrong, then is allowing a black/or other racial decent child to grow up in an all white home right? Personally I think it's perfectly okay. Because if you wait for a white family to adopt a white child and a black family to adopt a black child, etc. etc. etc. then most of these kids will likely fall through the cracks in our wonderful system that we call a government and never know the meaning of love or what it is like to have a family. They face as much downgrading from Society as a child living an a gay/lesbian home. But you don't see anyone out there making that illegial(sp)? Or trying to ban it. Anyway......Just my opinion. And yes I think that as long as a child is happy in the situation they are in that they should be allowed to stay.

http://www.lethimstay.com

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Kids are always the victims. And I do think if your a decent person, it shouldn't matter your race,creed,sexual preferance. If your qualified its for the child's well being to be in a loving household. It should always be for the children. But I think personally the cause could use a better spoksperson.

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

donna-

I think the case in Florida- is one the major reason's Rosie is doing what she is right now- I read/saw that the two father's and the kids were at her house for a visit--- etc... very intersting to see -- very glad to hear that she is using her money for some good- rather than just to buy fancy cars/clothes etc.... at least she is doing something to better the lives of children!

Brandy

8. slickwilly

slickwilly 1/2 ton status

i dont like queers or faggots even if they are millionares or have there own show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

The "in" thing now is to be gay..

"Everyone now a day's seem's to be a fag or a lesbian"-Twiztid

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I knew she was gay for years before she said it.... we saw her do stand up and my gosh she was so gay even then. This was before she got rich and thought she owned the world and could spew out crap constantly. She's a moron and I wish she'd ship off to say I dunno Iran. She can take her tree hugging anti gun loving friends with her.....

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

What Steph said

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I labelled her a dyke over 5 years ago ! It was obvious !

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Actually, homosexuality is a proven yet rejected mental disorder/illness. It's a childhood development disorder that happens to a variety of people. It was made fun of more than worried about (hence the term "gay", referring to a homo being ignorant, which many homos themselves seem to have forgotten since they embrace the term), so it developed in a homo's mind as acceptable behavior. It also happens to very smart people that don't like to think anything may be wrong with them, after all, they're successful, good loooking, constructive, etc etc etc. So they also push for more acceptance, quietly lobbying and fighting to declassify it as a bad thing. They convince uneducated people that homosexuals are just as natural as hetero's, and then they start getting rights instead of treatment. They start getting books about "my two dad's" read to other people's kids in school.

Before you go shooting anything at me, understand I have worked and currently work with several gay people, and was great friends with one gay guy for a couple years, even though we both knew I thought his lifestyle was wrong.

I know a woman who turned gay as a psychological reaction after she was left at the alter by a man she was with for years. I know a guy that was my supervisor and one of my best friends (oddly enough, a guy I walked from penn station to midtown with on 9/11), who was also a homo. I never talked about it with him and happily pretended I didn't know. I work with a homo right now that I would consider trying to strike back at someone by being gay, his father, mother, or someone.

Find out as much as you can about a homo's relationship with thier parents in childhood, and you'll almost always find a rocky ground, and a strangely good relationship now.

How long does it take an alcoholic to admit they have a problem? Not as long as it takes a homosexual to believe their lifestyle is not natural. Would you let a pair of un-admitted alcoholics adopt a child? Children are adults in developement. Everything they observe is a basis for thier values and how they will treat other people later in life.

That's kind of all I have to say. I expect several folks to disagree, but this is a society where a lot of what I personally think is wrong is considered perfectly acceptable.

As far as Rosie, I was very surprised when she came out this week. I thought she came out in the mid 90's...

14. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

As with many subjects, I have nothing possitive to say, so I will stay out of this.(But now you know how I feel!!)

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Brandy &amp; Donna
    I respect your views, but I have my own and like New Yorkin said It is a proven mental illness and I personaly dont think that a child should be subjected to an enviroment like that. To me it would be like putting a child in the home of two alcoholics which is also an illness. I also belive that it is not natural.
    But what the hell I think it's ok that people are gay as long as they stay in the closet where they belong

16. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

hey jeremy (55willy) .....want some smores?.....pull up a rock. this fire might burn awhile!!!

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

MMM s'mores..smore what I haven't had any yet?LOL
    no ghost stories though

18. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

The only problem that I can see with the discussoin here is the fact that nobody seems to care about the alcoholics, the drug dealers and the rest of the screwed up society that we ALLOW to have as many kids as they want... the ones that end up on state support (nothing wrong with it, if your working to better yourself)..
    let me put a thought and and answer it honestly--- dont let your "already made up mind answer it,,, think about it before you type"

family 1-
    woman with 7 kids...ranging in age from infant to 10- all have different fathers... none of the fathers pay child support, the mother does not work. She is addicted to Coke, Heroine, Meth, (all of the above).. the kids have no structure. are normally left alone, even if hte mother is home, she is high on something, so doesnt matter anyway. The family's only means of support is federal/state welfare. Which the children don't "see' anyway- because the 1st of the month,the mother gets the check- and away she goes to her dealer. They live in Subsidized housing in the projects- have no food to eat, dont' attend school often. and if they do , they fall asleep in class- or worse yet, are members of a gang. The only kids that actually eat- are the babies- because they receive formula from the state- and the mother can't sell it for much. The only time the babies eat are when the older children "feed" them.... The kids are afraid to leave their house, because of all the shooting outside- the kids that do leave, are leaving for that lifestyle- they become "bangers"...they grow up - If they don't die first- to repeat this lifestyle- the cycle has started, and there isnt much hope for stopping it.

Family 2
    Gay couple - either 2 men or 2 women- have 3 foster kids... all were rejected by the biological family- (could be 3 from family 1!!).... the gay parents attend school functions, hold jobs, pay taxes, and have money in savings accounts for the childrens future education. The kids are active in Sports, school events, and are on the honor roll. The kids go on to college, get a great job- and end up making a difference in society.---

which would you rather have? do you see what I mean. There are so many other problems in the world today that children face- so many children with parents or care takers who could care less about them... who are we as society to say- nope sorry you cant be a good "roll model" becuase you are gay.
    I personally know a few gay men, and women, and don't think any of them would be a horrid parent. I believe actually that by having to live the life they do - with all the hatred, etc.. they will be better parents, and the children will learn more.... its a lot like a colored family in a white neighborhood. They have to learn a lot more than my children will ever have to learn... I believe that will make them stronger in the end. My kids have never and probably wont have to ever deal with someone looking at them strangly- or "being put down" for either their color or their sexual preference. I understand the phobia that people have over gays- and the fact that some people will never actually understand it. its not a mental illness- I honestly dont believe they chose to be "gay"....there is no medication or physological help that can "turn them straight".... in their eyes- they are straight, we are crooked...if you see what I mean...

There are still people in this country that are VERY NEGATIVE (i guess racist) against Colored people. or people from differnet nationalities. and there probably always will be. Living in Vermont, I don't have the opportunity to get to know people from other places, or even colored people ...however I don't think I would mind if they moved into my neighborhood. There is a gay couple down the road from me. And I let my kids play outside ---
    I truly hope that their is not a gay CK5 member here-- because if their is I can only imagine how they feel now, after reading some of these posts. If their is-- we don't all feel this way-however- they probably have dealt with this their entire life, and are pretty much use to it- even though that doesnt make it right.

please try to not be so "NASTY" when you are commenting about a way of life- especially on here, where everyone can read it... you never know.....

just my .02-

Brandy

19. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Okay I waited to post now I've been tagged and have jumped in the ring&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Sexual deviatation is just that a sickness, I ask all who consider it all right for gays to adopt, would you allow a pediopile to adopt also????? Or two sexual pretadors to adopt? Sexual deviates all!!!!!!

Besides being a Christian, and I acknowledge that I can love the sinner but NOT THE SIN, God told us to be fruitfull and multiply, now explain to me how two of the same sex can multiply??? They can however certainly be fruity!!! God has numerous verses in both books, that state that its a sin and that God hates it.

IMHO gays DO NOT deserve the right to adopt children, Homosexuality is a learned behavior pattern, you'll not convince me of any thing else. Something that can be tought to young folks....notice I said CAN be tought, it depends on the the mental strength of the indivual on weither its absorbed or not.

I'm not HOMOphobic just don't like homo's, and the disease and distruption they bring into soceity. Its like they have so much to offer youth, deviate sexual practices, abnormal life styles, and the hate and distane that people have towards them. And what of the old age and when those children have children wheres Grandma?or Granddad? Now I know that thats something we all would want young people to grow up with, is it not!

Please take your liberal views elsewhere, it is what has gotten us into this mess to begin with.

White Knight (orginal and Texan)

20. Re: Rosie O\'Donnel

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i dont like queers or faggots even if they are millionares or have there own show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<hr></blockquote>

yeah, just as bad as redneck car salesmen from arkansas. hey, did you marrie your sister or cousin?