Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rotated my 241 tonight

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 12, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I spent the afternoon removing the 241 from my Burb and puting it in the buggy. Used my rotation ring from DP_90K5 and rotated it all the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see its almost totally tucked in between the frame rails of the buggy. When I fab the new crossmember I will move it up a little more and hopefully tuck the tcase fully into the frame rails. The picture between the rail and the case was to illustrate how much space there is for the exhaust(much more than I anticipated). Picture doesn't show it very well though, there is a good 5" I would say between the case and frame. More than enough room for my 2.5" exhaust to be fabbed around it.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Looks great!
    Bill

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I did mine today too. But mine hangs down about an inch form the frame. If I were to raise it any higher I would be into the floor board so I am cool with it. As it is now I already had to massage the floor board with a BFH and I have a 2" body lift too. My Catalic converter is right next to the t-case so I can't go straight with my exhaust unfortunately. I am thinking of either going over teh front d-shaft or maybe just redoing my entire exhaust and going straight back and moving the cat and muffler back a bit. haven't decided yet. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Uhh, whats rotating the T-case do /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

gained about 4.5" of ground clerance.

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Man that looks good.
    Can't wait to get mine! But now I'll need to get a new y pipe fabbed up since it will hang so low. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

It's pretty awesome isn't it?

I just put my case back in, had a leak I had to take care of /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This is def. on the top of my list for best mods to my truck. I wish I had done this a long time ago. The front shaft is still gonna be a bitch, but I've worked around bigger problems /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What does rotating the t-case do? Is it possible to do to a np205? What about drivetrain, wont that mess it around??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Are there any oiling problems associated with clocking? How do you change or add fluids?

10. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Will your exhaust cause you to vapor lock due to the pipe being so close to those metal fuel lines? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Hey where can I get one of those clocking rings? How much? Did you need any extra materials?

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

change or add fluids the sameway. Maybe tilt the rig a little to make it all easier, since mine is clocked all the way. Have to remember in most cases you guys wouldn't clock so far, you'd have to cut a hole in the body. I am not reusing those fuel lines so no worry there. Fuel cell is going in the back and will be plumbed through the "cab", so I can have a fuel shut off just in case.

12. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

What about how to get one of those rings so I can rotate the one in my burb and my scout? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dp_90k5 I will look for the original thread. I believe it was $109 shipped, not sure if that will change after the first run.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

15. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I didn't have to cut a whole in my body with it clocked all the way. I just massaged it a little and it's fine. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

If anyone is interested, I still have some of these... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Did you use a longer input shaft or do you just have less spline engagement now?

18. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you use a longer input shaft or do you just have less spline engagement now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got less spline engagement. I spent about 2 weeks going back and forth with New Venture Gear and they helped me reach the conclusion that the loss of spline engagement is marginal. They pulled all of the original prints and design calcs to find the amount of "error" built into the spline engagement and came to the desision that the loss of 5/16" is not an issue.

19. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got less spline engagement. I spent about 2 weeks going back and forth with New Venture Gear and they helped me reach the conclusion that the loss of spline engagement is marginal. They pulled all of the original prints and design calcs to find the amount of "error" built into the spline engagement and came to the desision that the loss of 5/16" is not an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that great news.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

that was a concern of mine. i may have to get one now to clock my case. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

How many you got left, and when will you be doing a second order?
    I may have the money in the next couple of weeks.