Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rotating D60 Pinion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChadH82, May 24, 2004.

1. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Well the blazer is getting close to running so I'm starting to think about driveshaft now. I need to rotate my pinion on my D60 but I don't have the expertise to cut and reweld the knuckles and remove the axle tubes and rotate the pinion. I want to do things right but is there an easier way to do this? My atlas is clocked as much as possible and I still need to run a CV shaft. Are there and shops in the Oklahoma City area that have done this before?

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

You can put degreed shims between the spring pads and springs. Cant go too far though.

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

The only one close that I can think of would be WMS. Not that I have a lot of knowledge w/OK shops. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

OH yeah I almost forgot you may also need different spring plates if you use degree shims underneath. Thanks to them nice two bolts that go straight into the housing rather than a ubolt. DP90K5 makes some really nice ones.

5. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Whoa... it's been a long time since you have posted here! I think I remember your blazer, didn't you also have a blue Z with a SFA on 38's? What have you been up too lately?

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the only hard part is how the new PS spring pad and studs are done
    make the shop explain exactly how they are going to deal with that area and then decide if you are satisfied with their method

7. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

I would call custom off road equipment in OKC its right off I-40. I have had them do allot of work for me. Ask for Jerry at 405-943-2673. I think he has done this to his D60 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

If you use A BIG of degree shim, well then there goes your caster.
    The best thing, if you want to rotate it a lot, would be to get it indexed up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Ya that's me... I sold the Z for something more driveable. College kind of took over and got me out of the loop for a couple years. I should be started the Blazer this week. Here's the specs.

73', 383,400, atlas II, D60, 14 bolt, 39.5 swamps, rockstomper beadlocked wheels, blah blah.

I have pics if someone can post them. It's kind of embarrassing how shiny it is. It needs some dings.