Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rotator cuff tear...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Sep 19, 2006.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Anybody toast their rotator cuff,after blowing out my elbow I know the feeling of torn tendons, so I have a pretty good idea thats what this is. So I just saved myself 3000 dollars in medical bills.:p: I guess it'll heal in about 6 months, anybody have any advice???:crazy:

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If its torn, it won't heal in 6 months no matter how much gin you bathe it in. I had a good friend in highschool - quarterback for our team - tore his slightly and just kept taking pinkillers and icing it. He can hardly toss a baseball now. Go get it looked at.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Switch to your other hand every now and then and these things dont happen

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Get it looked at so the Dr. can tell me I tore it and try to convince me to get an MRI, so he can tel me I tore it and then tell me he can put my whole arm in a cast, so I can make an apointment with another Dr. that will give me a shot of cortizone. Thats how my elbow went, charge charge steroid charge...:doah:

5. cbbr

The few people that I know who have torn theirs had surgery. I suppose that's not better news, right. i tried to rehab an elbow with gin a couple of years ago and ended up with several cortizone shots anyway. it finally worked.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I don't think it's torn that bad but sleeping on it when I roll over in the middle of the night aint helpin and sleeping on the opposite side kills my ribcage from the arthritis,if I spend too much time on that side it aches so bad feels like i'm havin a heart attack...:haha: :doah: Time to start sleepin in front of the TV in my lazyboy...:D

8. cbbr

Its not the arthritis, its that hard couch that your wife has exiled you too. :D

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh gawd don't remind me having to sleep on that thing is horrifying...

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

There's the root of your problem. Get a much more comfortable couch and a 65" widescreen TV. That's what my brother did. Now, his wife has a hard time getting him to go to bed on the Weekends. He figures he's only got 2 days off. Why waist em sleeping when there's gotta be a race somewhere in the world that's on TV :D

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

another HARDASS EH??i always went to DR. denial myself for the very same reason.and you know what i was right.:laugh: i've been though the same thing, go to doctor and waste hours just to find out what you already know.the last time it happened to me i had the fast poops for five days:eek1: so i was convinced by others to see a doc.so after sitting in the waiting room with the gopher wiping his face on my underware for 40+ minutes. the doc told me to eat a banana!!!it worked but WTF??tell me that over the phone.

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Don't pull so hard or so fast, learn some damn finesse, lubrication might help too.

And definitely go see a Dr., the surgery could help a lot. My college roommate tore his rockclimbing and tried to blow it off and self-medicate but ended up with the surgery, he now knows several guys who have lost full function due to trying to tough it out.

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i thought i tore my rotator cuf, but it ended up being bone spurs.... they fixed it, and im better on the right side, but the left side is going out on me now... im back into the gym for the first time in over two years though and hope to build my left side up around the pain.

go get it looked at...
    Grant

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i have a torn labrum... its what keeps your shoulder in the socket... i retear it every month or 2, never heals! There are work outs I try, but surgery is about 50k... i cannot throw a ball of any kind, and have to be careful at things like swimming and junk

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:eek1: :doah: Quit tryin to cheer me up guys...:haha: I can't throw anything either, hunting season should be fun when my rifle kicks...

16. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

if its torn all they can do is surgery and even with that thay never really get better my left is torn and I've had surgery twice it sucks ass but the longer you wait the worse it gets trust me

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've got some fake rotator cuff tissue in my ankle I'd be willing to donate :deal:

18. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well my ankles are the only joint in my body that work without any pain, thanks for jinxing that Carl...:doah: :p:

19. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I have had rotator cuff problems every since high school football, and I really am starting to regret having played since I quit soccer on top of my game to play football.........anyways back to the story, well long story short, I have had 7 surgeries in the past 5-6 years..............so if anything I can complain worse than the bunch of you. One thing I will say though is go straight to get an MRI before ANY dr apointment you go to, and have the results ready to take in and be read by the doctor or have them sent to his office to be analized. That will save alot of in and out and bsing I have found. Also, I have researched this ALOT and very extensively, no matter what you do tendons do not heal, not through supplements of any kind, rest, excercise, anything, so it will only get worse with continued use. Now to the surgery word, if it is your non-dominate arm a simple orthoscopic will work well with proper rehab and enough time to heal. But if its your dominate arm, dont dick around with ortho or the open incision surgery, thats what I had done the first 3 times, and I use that arm so much for throwing and different things, it would just tear itself apart again. Just go straight for the latterjey(thats how it sounds, have no idea how its spelled) where they basically cut a piece of bone out my chest and screwed it into my shoulder to rebuild my rotator cuff, I have lost some slight range of motion, but he says the only guy to go back and reinjure it after the surgery had a seizure, and after that it didnt happen again, and thats doing the procedure for the past 4 or 5 years with about 30-40 patients. Goodluck, hope you get it figured out and taken care of soon.

Regards,
    Remington

20. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My heart is breaking.:(

Do go lettin' your shootin' shoulder get ruined.