Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rotomaster turbo

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by imiceman44, Nov 17, 2006.

1. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

So I got this setup from a guy a while ago, and supposedly it was a banks.
    Well all the accessories were banks, but looking at the Turbo last night, it's a rotomaster with A/R60 on the turbine, and A/R100 on the exhaust.
    Were those the OEM trubo's on the early H1 6.2?
    The guy sold me a 6.2 block with parts that turned out to be Hummer parts, could it be he gathered parts he had and sold them to me as a banks kit?
    I still have to see if the turbo fits the Banks exhaust manifold.
    Is this Turbo any good?
    I was going to sell the kit but I don't want to screw anybody if I got screwed.:mad:

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Google;)

Link to a guy with a 6.2 Rotomaster on Banks Exhaust manifold. Basically pics of his install.
    Looks like it fit. I'd look into some sort of adapter to move the turbo up & back maybe. I'd want to put an intercooler in as well.

Here's some info, I cut and pasted the entire post, weren't any replies.
    picked up Banks Turbo... searched but still no answers Help I need your help! Pulled this Rotomaster turbo off a 84 f250 6.9L diesel. It was originally installed as a Banks turbo syst. It has a/r 60 compressor housing and a/r 1.00 hotside. I've searched around and found out rotomaster was boughtout by Garrett. So I'm assuming it has to be a Garrett turbo but dunno if it's a T04b or what?? I called Banks and they didn't have any paperwork on the older rotomasters, but said it might be equivalent to their Sidewinder system... garret te06. I've been to Turbostangs.com and search around but no info. Any help identifying this would be appreciated. It's big and would prob spool even at idle since it's diesel and designed for torque, not higher rpms. I'm hoping since it's big i'd still be able to use it, or modify it to become a single setup on a 306. Even if i have to swap a smaller hotside, which i'll prob do anyways since someone snapped flush the bolts before me. End result, hopefully get some respectable numbers from it. Your 2cents is needed. thanks

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I have found the first post and when he said he had to make an adapter to fit the banks manifold I figured it wasn't the banks turbo.
    ANd just like that guy I couldn't find anything.
    Did you really think I just posted before at least Googling?
    :D But thanks for the next find.
    I guess I will keep looking.
    Or I will contact Banks. or Garret:D

4. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

No I haven't.
    I am not registered there and I am too busy now to add one more place to post and check :D
    I am going to try and assemble the stuff the guy gave me, and if it works I will be satisfied if not I will do somehing about it :mad: