Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country 2" suspension lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Aug 30, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

I thought about doin add a leafs, but it really wasnt the route I wanted to go. My Blazer is '84 so I figured the stock springs were pretty wore out, I did have some rancho shocks that im sure compensated for the springs, but I was looking for a lil more lift and cargo weight capasity. I searched and even though I was told the Rough Country was RUFF, I opt for them anyways. The cost wasnt too bad. I got their complete leaf spring and shock kit. It replaces the front and back springs.

The 2" lift really made up for the sagging springs, I think I gained around 3-4" easily.

The ride? All I can say is wow. This thing rides nice. Its not stiff or rough at all. The 4x4 shop said they redid their stuff a few years ago, back then they were ruff, but not now. With only a 2" lift I left the pitman arm and brake lines alone. Ill replace lines later with SS ones. Anyways, here are some b4 and after shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were quick pics, ill get some better ones when/if my bumpers come in.

After shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tires are 32 - 11.5 x 15 for comparison sakes. Id like to maybe sell these and go with 33s

2. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Registered Member

I'm jealous.