Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country 4" Lift... ???'s before i buy it

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85blaze, Jan 10, 2001.

1. 85blaze

85blaze 1/2 ton status

Rough Country 4\" Lift... ???\'s before i buy it

http://rough.roughcountry.com/chevy special page.htm
    I was looking into getting this lift, the one with rear springs due to the fact my stock springs are wooped. Am i going to have vibration problems with this lift? and I have 31" tires now and was just going to leave those till i needed new ones. Is that going to look real bad? or no? what am i missing here, any major issues with this?

Finally done after 8 months.. Not really.. IM never going to be done. Stroker motor is next <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 85blaze on 01/10/01 11:33 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Re: Rough Country 4\" Lift... ???\'s before i buy it

Your link did not work for me.
    Buyer be ware !
    I hear the rear spring mess up your pinion angle, also have heard that with a full tank of gas and one passeger in the back seat, your K5 will sit low in the rear, then two years down the road the rear will really sag !
    Leafspring by there very nature will wear out over time, just like brake pads, will they horror the lifetime warrentty
    say 4-8 years from now if they wear out ?
    Some Blazer are different then others, as in some respone well to a same lowering of the T-case, some the front
    driveshaft will hit the exhust,.... ect
    Will this company help you out if your Blazer is a little differnt ?
    Some Companys just repackage someone else product, and offer no Tech. Support THINK ABOUT IT
    Good luck

3. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

About a year ago I purchased the Rough Country four inch lift with rear springs because they had a special. The kit came with everything I needed to install the lift including new brake line brackets and shocks. The shocks that come in the kit were out of stock so they upgraded free of charge to nitro 9000's. These shocks work great but i don't know what you would get. With the lift installed the rear of my truck was sitting about 1 inch lower then the front but with the lower rear tire opening I used a 2 inch block to make it look level and sit a little higher in the rear. The springs gave me 5 1/2 inches in the front when first installed and 4 1/4 lift in the rear over the stocks springs but leveled out to a little over 4 inches when broken in. With 35 inch tires and no body lift I could get these springs to flex pretty good, I had the front tire up on the dash of an 89 berretta with the other three tires still on the ground but the front tire did hit. Also I ran this setup with a np 203 and np 205 and had no vibrations with either. The only mistake I made with purchasing this kit was soon after I just wanted bigger and in went sixx inch springs and a three inch body lift to clear 38.5's

4. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I bought and installed the Rough Country 4 inch lift kit about 4 months ago and it worked out great. It did not change my pinnion angle, and my front drive shaft did not hit my exuast although it is close. I did opt to get my rear drive shaft lengthened about 1 inch. The lift kit did not say it was nessisary, but the shop who installed it recomenmded it, and when I called Rough Country, they said it would be a god idea if I ever planned to take it off road. I love my kit though and I would recomend that same kit to anyone becuase the price is unbeatable. I am running 33s on my truck and even they appear to be a little small. So I di\o imagine that your 31s would look preety small. But hey, do what you gotta do. If you would like to see pictures of my truck, go to my website at www.86blazerk5.coloradok5.com
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gosple!