Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rough country 4"lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Jul 31, 2002.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

rough country 4\"lift

saw a 73 blazer with a 4" rough country lift and immediately wanted it on my truck. anyone have it and any suggestions. 84 blazer stock.

2. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: rough country 4\"lift

Just put it on last weekend. ---- See the "OH MY GOD" posts for the whole story. I like it so far. The springs in the front were a little difficult and I needed a come-a-long to get then back on the axle.

The rear was easy once I got the axle setup correctly - again, see the earlier posts.

The springs were easy except the poly bushings were a little difficult. I had to use an arbor press but a vice would work fine. They delivered the lift kit on time and in good packaging.

I do recommend you order new shackle bushings for the front and rear since you will have these items out anyway and the most likely need to be replaced anyway.

Also, the lift comes with brake line extensions but order new steel brakeline first - you will be more happy. My brake lines are near their limit..

The steering arm was easy but I had air tools. Overall, I like it so far but I have only been driving on it for a day.

Chris

3. Scott73

Scott73 Registered Member

I just received mine today and will put it on this weekend. I had the same lift on an '87 Chevy shortbed pickup for about 4 years and never had any problems. It had rear blocks. This time I went with springs all the way around. The Rough Country lift seems to be a tall 4" lift. Its closer to 5" than 4".

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea thats the way im going..im going to try to go for all springs...cant wait! gatta get my damn body work done first though!! lol /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Bryan

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

i've had the 4 inch rough country for over 2 years now...looks good, no noticable sagging...
    its real tall for a 4 incher in my opinion, at least the one i have is, 33s were way too tiny, and it rides kinda rough, but i'm sure its mostly due to the dual front shocks, one day i'll take one out to see the difference, just havent got around to it...
    but i had to lower my transfer case an inch to get the driveshaft from binding up and giving off a horrible noise....
    only took about 20 minutes to lower it and made a world of difference!
    check my info for pics, the lift was installed in all the pics...i need more pics with the 35s, but ever since i put em on it hasnt been running right

6. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

do i need a longer driveshaft, or any other parts