Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country BS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz316, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Just want to vent about the All day 4inch lift install on Saturday.

Nothing fit. Almost everything had to be co-erced into working. The only part that went as planned was the steering arm. But then the tie-rod end nut was stripped and I had to go buy a tie rod end just to get the nut because nobody sells just the nut.

Not to mention I didnt get to watch any football this weekend.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Wow, I lucked out on mine. The only issue I had was they sent the incorrect front shocks. We were able to get the rest installed in about 5 hours.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

And you expected it to go right in?
    It never goes the way you want it to... But now you know for the next lift kit you put in.. it only get's easier now..
    But.. was it all worth it? how does it look?
    I am really happy with my Rough Country kit..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

4. OneLeft

OneLeft 1/2 ton status

My 4" lift (my first) went on with zero problems. The only problems I had was with the rear springs I used to rid myself of the rear blocks.

Anyhow, its all done now right?! Time to enjoy it.

<font color=red>One</font color=red><font color=blue>Left</font color=blue>
    Have <font color=red>K5</font color=red>, will travel.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/OneLeft>See my ride</a>

5. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

My Rough Country 4 inch full spring lift went in with zero problems.
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

6. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Ive installed about 5 of these lifts from 4-6 inches this is the first one that took all day.
    When I did the lift on my Dodge I totally removed the front end and it only took a day. That was coil springs and replacing the upper and lower control arms.
    I should have went with Superlift. This was the first Rough Country lift I have installed and I guess I may have gotten a bad apple. Plus doing it alone probably didnt help too much with the time or frustration.
    My brother in law ordered a kit for his bronco and they left out some of the bushings, something about I-beams, I told him thats what he gets for buying ford.

I didnt put the rear shocks on till sunday and I must admit the drive home was fun. I crossed a couple of bridges and I felt like I was riding in a horse carriage. That actually made me laugh.

Sorry for the Vent but I was cussing a storm on Saturday. LOL

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

The thing's we do for our trucks... [​IMG].

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

One thing I have learned after working on my rig is that if you expect every after-market add-on to fit perfectly everytime, then you probably still believe in the tooth fairy. If everything bolted right up everytime, everyone would have the same stuff on their rigs. The fact is that with these kinds of play toys, nothing fits everyone exactly the same. My Rough Country lift went easy as pie. Took me a total of about 8 hours (2 evenings) to get mine completely done. And that was by myself.

I know I, too, get frustrated when stuff doesn't go right on. I have limited skills when it comes to customing fabbing something. But, it is something I am learning to get better at.

As far as leaving things out of the shipments, however, there is no excuse for that. I know mistakes happen, but how hard is it to put product A into a box and tape it shut? Apparently this is very difficult for some people and companies!

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>
    Who put a stop payment on my reality check?!?