Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT on a 72 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin72, Oct 29, 2000.

1. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone just wondering what everybody thinks about a rough country lift. The price so far cant be beat, compared to all the others. I heard the springs are tough,but make the ride alot rougher,(its a fourwheel drive who cares right I know). Just wondering what you guys think is the better lift.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think Rough Country is just a rip off of Tuff Country. I have TC and it rides really good. Also Skyjacker ans Superlift are good, and not too expensive either. Rancho and Pro-Comp are also, but I don't know how their prices are.

90K5

3. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Try Offroad Design, they carry the Tuff Cuntry line of suspension for a great price and also include some things that don't come with the normal kit like upper shackle bushings and such. You might want to look at the rear shackle reversal kit as well, it's a great product. [​IMG]

[​IMG] I have to agree with the Puddy Cat. [​IMG]

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Actually, I think that Tuff Country is a rip off of Rough Country, because RC has been around longer than TC, but it really doesn't matter.

You are probably going to lift this truck only once, so make sure that you do it the way that you want it. Of course, if you put blocks in the rear, you may decide to rip them out later, but they are not as big of an investment as those front springs.
    My advice is this: Since the RC lift is the cheapest that you have found, take that price and just regard that as a sunk cost. That is, you are going to spend that money no matter what. Now look at the difference in price from that kit to some others. Most here recommend TC EZ-ride the most and then probably Superlift superide. The good riding ones are generally the best for off-road flex, too. Consider that difference in price to be the cost of improved ride quality. Now decide if that amount is worth it to you. And there is a difference in ride quality. The spring rates vary by about a factor of 2 throughout the market. That is, the stiffest 4" springs are TWICE AS STIFF as the softest 4" springs available. Those two extremes are probably represented by RC and TC, too.

Also, make sure you know what each kit is including, because you will need bushings, shocks, a steering arm, U-bolts, etc. so make sure that you are comparing the total cost for everything, which is not always what these places are quoting.

New 4x4 driver: "A lot of money in that truck, eh?"
    Me: "Oh, about 1/4 of a new one"

5. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Rough country makes a great kit at a price that simply can not be beat. there kit is verry complete. The only thing it did not come with is the rear shackle bushings whish you could use over, but hey if evrything else is new... And when was the last time you got a nice ride out of a 69-91 k5. And I mean a nice ride, not a good ride..., never. They are trucks trough and through. I have a rough country 4 inch full spring lift and could not be happeier for the money. If you want to see a couple pics go to my site
    Ike

http:\\www.86blazerk5.coloradok5.com

Spreading The K5 Gosple!

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Used RC on my 87 k5 with the nitro shocks. Very pleased with there product. Ride is alot better. Also used a 2 inch lift on a 78 k10 springs front and back with the hydro shocks, also a great ride and price. Blazer was also a 2 inch lift with rear blocks.

7. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

A variety thats what I like to see. I am going to buy a kit very soon. Me and a friend just put a 4" lift on his 89 blazer and it was a skyjacker, all he put was blocks in the rear. Me on the other hand need new springs all the way around. Just didnt know what the best route would be and what to look out for. Thanks