Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country Lifts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big_B_Murphy, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

I am about to lift my 85 K5. I can get a great deal on a Rough Country 4" lift. I am wondering if anyone has used a Rough Country lift and how they liked it, how it rode etc, etc.
    I have used Tuff Country EZ-ride in the past and loved how it rode, and how much flex it offered, but am always looking to save some money if the quality is good.

After all, if money wasn't an issue, we all would have Big Block, one ton, full convertible blazers with custom suspensions.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>

2. K5KrisB

K5KrisB Registered Member

I had the 4inch kit on my 85. I bought the package deal that comes with all the hardware, shocks and stearing arm. For the rear i got the block. The kit road real stiff but sat pretty high I thought for 4 inches. Also the rear end sat considerably lower than the front, I would get the add a leaf along with the block to fix the low rear.

3. my buddy ran an all spring 4" rough country on his blazer and loved it. everyone says they are too stiff and their springs are rated higher but from the times i drove it and wheeled it it rode great on the street and had plenty of flex. best bang for your buck lift kit on the market i think. he got 4 springs, shocks, steering arm, brake line brakets and new bushings for $500 bucks.

<font color=blue>You think you're excited, feel my nipples!

</font color=blue>

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I too agree with BlueBeast.. I really like my 4 inch Rough Country w/ front and rear springs.. it flexes as much as I need it to.. and the ride on the street is the best..
    But one thing I highly recommend... get the extended brake lines for the front.... you will need them with 4 inches of lift.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I got a 4" rough country lift and later got the rear springs to get rid of the blocks. I love it! Good ride and good flex and I can tow with it!

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I have the Rough Country 4" all spring lift on mine. I agree with everything that Blue Beast says ... I have no complaints about mine. The only thing I didnt use from the kit was the brake line brackets, I didn't much care for them so I bought new lines.

Scot in KC, MO
    87 GMC - 4", 33s, 3.73 10B/14SF
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sdb95

7. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all of the info. I appreciate it.

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>