Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country Suspension for '84 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Aug 9, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Im looking at goin with a 2" lift, this isnt a DD, but want to keep the ride as if it was. I odnt know much about lifts other than the usual brand names, their cost and availablilty seem to be a selling point for me right now. Id upgrade to their nitro shocks and was told that with only 2" lift I would not need a new pitman arm or brake line extensions.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks

2. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

two inches? doesnt that use add-a-leaves? i just got a six inch lift im putting on when my buddy gets back. um. im pretty sure you dont need pitman arm or brake line extensions. i dropped my front axle and the brake lines arent extended so you should be fine. but what are you doing with the rig? because add a leaves are kinda stiff and also rough country has a 4" kit special on their website for like $309.

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

this kit isnt suppose to be add a leafs, its suppose to be front and rear complete spring packs.

4. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

oh ok. if i were you i would go ahead and get the pitman arm. but then again i to am a noob at this whole thing. but the angle in which your steering linkage will be it cant be good. the brake lines on the other hand. you could get by with the stock brake lines but if they are as old as your rig and you want to do some off-roading i suggest you pay that little bit more for new ones.

5. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

i've got aals on my truck. Depending on how arched your springs are already depends on whrether or not its worth it. (my front springs were flat and i got 1" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.) As far as 2" lift goes no you dont need a new pitman arm, but any bigger than that you *should* drop the T-case (fix driveline angles), pitman arm, brake lines.

and a buncha people on here are gonna tell you dont put any money into your axles bc your just gonna blow them up anyway go ahead and spend 5000+ on a dana 60 and ff14b.:D