Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tiger9297, Nov 3, 2004.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Looking at buying Rough Country 4" lift kit with front and rear springs and shocks. $459. What do you think?

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal. Shocks arent great quality, but the lift kit is cheap and in my experience rides and flexes well.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I dont really like the ride but it is a good deal, I would sugest for the rear go with some sort of a shackle flip,(www.offroaddesign.com) rather than the springs, unless you do alot ow towing then you will need the springs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BlueBlazer

[ QUOTE ]
    unless you do alot ow towing then you will need the springs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opinion /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

im not saying the shackle flip is bad but the higher rate springs will keep the back end from sinking down which will = better towing.

6. BlueBlazer

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

not a bad price for what you are getting.i have the r.c. springs in the front of my blazer.they are kinda stiff but still ride all right.it helped when i put my 200 pound bumper on up front.

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here we go with the "shackle flip" and "towing" issue again. All I can say is that every time someone puts a shackle flip kit on there rig, they rave about how much "softer" it rides, and how much more "flex" they get out of their suspension when wheeling. Well, I for one do not think "soft" and "flex" are words I would want to use to describe the suspension on my tow rig. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Rough Counrty has a reputation as being rough riding. I'm not one for screaming "Do a Search" but I'm sure you will find more then enough information on Rough Country suspension. Note; There usely is a reason why some products are more expencive or less expencive then others. In my personal opinion, I would stay away from Rough Country.

10. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I have a rough country 6 inch kit. The ride is definitly stiff, in my opinion. If I had to do it over again I would invest in something better. Maybe some tuff country ez rides.

Somebody here can suggest something maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Rough Country EZ rides, they ride firmer than stock, but not "hard" as everybody is claiming, they did ride very hard the first 50-100 miles, but they smoothed out considerably. Really the only time i know i have a "firm" ride is when i roll over speed bumps, then it's a bit rough.

i am even running the harder gas charged shocks they sell, the ones the kit comes with are the hydros'

also dual's up front, so you tell me, i am not really complaining about my ride, yes i would like it to ride like a Cadillac, but it's a 4wd truck.

and oh yeah, they flex like a mo'fo' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

here's a link to a previous thread, it's not about the RC kit, but it has a pic of the boat flexin alittle, it will do more than what is in the pic. Mine is the Burb.
    previous different thread

12. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

imo : rough country /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif , for the price

if i wanted a smooth ride i would buy a caddy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I ran a 4" set of Rough Country springs for about a year. The ride was decent, they did flex well enough considering I ditched my sway bar. When it came time to do it all over again I went with 6" BDS springs because of the warranty. I don't think you can beat $450 for a set of 4 springs and shocks, most likey that kit has the raised steering arm also... I know several people around here that have Rough Country springs and they aren't complaining. The only issue I had with my springs was getting them to fit, it seemed like they were tweaked a little bit. But on the other hand, my BDS springs were almost as bad. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif THEY'RE LEAF SPRINGS PEOPLE... NOT COILS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif