Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country, The name says it all

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82GMCP/U, Feb 23, 2003.

1. 82GMCP/U

82GMCP/U Registered Member

I put a 6" Rough Country suspension in my 82 P/U a while back, and just recently started driving the truck, now I know where they got the name for the company from, my truck rides so rough it'll rattle your fillings out on a bumpy road, on a smooth road it isn't bad, but man my buddies 6" Pro-comp lifted truck rides so much better. Just wanted to let people know just incase they were thinking about buying the rough country lifts.

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i was thinking about a full sprung 4" lift for my 87 K10 shortbed, yea i was looking at lifts, not sure, i have the money to do it, but i also dont have a job right now. i guess you could look at how many leaves are on your buddies spring pack's and then look at yours, if you have 9 in the rear and he has 7 in the rear, sure there will be a differnence in ride, but i would just think that you get what you pay for.

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i have about a little over a year on my 4" rough country lift, less than 5000 miles. when new with everything replaced it rode very good. it is stiffer than stock but it allowed me to ditch the sway bar entirely. i notice that is rough over sharp drops or rises, i think the shocks are of marginal quality, but overall im pleased with my 4" all spring lift. i would definitely buy it again.

4. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I have the 6" front and rear suspension lift on '83 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer and have not noticed any difference in the ride when I had the stock suspension. Maybe its the weight of the vehicle that making it ride rough. My blazer has a 6.2 diesel in it which quite a bit more weight in the front and fiberglas topper adds quite a bit in the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i have 4 inch procomp rear springs.it rides real nice now.even better than the stock spings IMO

6. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Yeah no kidding. There's a frost heave on my road that bounces me outta my seat @15-20 mph. I've got 4" R.C. "springs" and a blocks and add a leaf in back...for now.

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Compared to my hubby's lift (I think it is Superlift but am not positive), my Rough Country lift is very soft. His is rather bone-jarring on the trail.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. 82GMCP/U

82GMCP/U Registered Member

I have a 9 leaf stack in the back w/blocks and all spring up front, I still have my sway bar hooked up, should I take it out? Its a full size long box, usto be a desiel, but now a 350cid. with 35's. It rode much better when stock. My buddies has dual shocks front and rear, maybe thats the differance.