Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country vs. Tuff Country

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Oct 29, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if any of you guys had expereience with either tuff country ez rides and rough country springs? Spring rate table shows rough country has a hella stiffer ride. But they are ALOT cheaper. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Tuff Countrys are the softest and flexiest springs out there. You get what you pay for. </font color>

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have experience with both rough and tuff countries. The 4'' ez-ride Tuff countries are the smoothest of the bunch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, It is a close call between the 4'' hd TC's and the 6'' EZ ride TC's but they both ride very well. As for the rough counties, they are called ROUGH for a reason. As stated above, you get what you pay for, the rough countries will cost you more in the end because of hospital bills from jarring your kidneys everytime you hit a bump /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I paid $230 plus $40 shipping for 4" EZ ride Tuff Country lift. That was only front springs, rear blocks, and u-bolts cause I already had shocks and steering correction nad planned on a shakle flip for the rear

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah... I was planning to get all around 4" springs... but its soo expensive i might just go with rear blocks =/
    Btw im going from 6"-4". Is the steering arm the same? And Can I keep current brakelines? Thanks.

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey derek just do a shackle flip. i know u don't tow nething and you can do it. ya can either buy em or get one from the rear front spring hanger. if that makes sense. what i mean to say is rear spring, front hanger. its a cheap lift. it will give you bout 4 " or ya can get the echobit which would be a good deal. ord would also be good too. lol. which ever ya want. just plz sell me that 6". lol. later.

jacob

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I called the retards at Rough Country just yesturday, trying to find the spring rate on the rear 4" springs for our trucks. Their answer was "10% over stock" boy was that helpfull!/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Jackasses! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So anyway.. i press the issue with the guy a tad more since thats not much gonna help me, his final offer was to contact the company that makes their springs, and see if they know. He also mentions that they are the same maker of the Tuff Country Spring. whatever! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif im still waiting for his call, but im sure they wont be getting my $
    Maybe we should get a Tuff Country group buy together. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

tori89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Everyone is right, you get what you pay for. Dont go with much stiffer springs just because they are cheaper. Save up a little more, you wont regret it. However you probably will regret going with the stiff springs everytime you drive your truck and your bounching all over the place. Trust me it gets old fast. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Later

9. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have the rough country's, and i use it as a daily driver and maybe go off road 10 times a year. i like the rough countrys for my application because it sees the street a lot more than most lifted trucks. and i agree the RETARDS at rough country are no help. i got my lift from them and though it isnt a big deal the kit only came with one rough country sticker, so i called them and requested a second one for the other side of my rig, and its been 2 months and still no decal.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I started with Rough Country front springs.After I removed one leaf from them they were still real stiff!!Now I'm going to install 52" stock rear springs in the front and stock late model 63" springs in the rear,i could of saved a ton of $ if I just started it right.I went the cheap route and regret it,the only products I'm going to use from the lift is the rear shocks(for the front!) and the steering arm.I really need to plan my mods alot farther ahead!!

11. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

ive got the 6 inch ez TC i bought through Watson and love em they are nice and soft and so far hold the lift, no sagging and ive had them for about a year and a half now next are my adjustable shocks, my friend has some on his 2000 dodge with a fabtech 5.5 lift, i got on the rear bumper and jumped on it to see how much the truck would move and i can tell you that on number 1 its soft number 5 is damn stiff so get a combo like that and your set (sorry got a little side tracked) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif