Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough Country

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CrazyCooter, Mar 24, 2001.

1. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Registered Member

Does anyone here use Rough Country suspension products? I notice they are inexpensive, is there any quality in their products? I was thinking about a 4" lift system for my 83 GMC Jimmy. Thanks for the input. Tom

2. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I have a Rancho lift (had it when I bought it) and it's a little to stiff for my liking. I looked into Rough Country...they do have good prices, and are willing to negotiate if you ask for a deal. I've seen posts from satisfied Rough Country users so you might try a search. I'm still deciding what to do. Off the shelf, I'll go with Tuff Country EZ Rides or BDS. Both of these get good reviews. I'm also looking into having custom springs made. I'm in no particular hurry...just doing my homework on the subject so I won't have to do it twice. Good Luck.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I love my rough country lift... I have the 4 inch

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

4. my brother-in-law has a 4" all spring rough country. he loves it. it rides nice and articulates well. sits just a little higher in the back for a nice stance. check pics on my web page- go to the photo page.

78, 350/350/203, 3/4 ton, 4" lift, 35" BFGs
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/>http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/</A>

5. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

MInes not bad. The documentation is a little weak if this is your first time. No parts break down to tell you what goes where. Don't tell you how to remove the steering arm. You need the extended brake lines to do it right also. You have to put the bushings together for the shocks, pain in the ass. Rolls a bit when bumps are hit at 60+ on the interstate. Maybe that's normal. I like it ok.

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'm going w/ a 6" BDS lift. Skyjacker was a close second... came down to pricce and availability local. Looked at just about every lift I think though... I know the EZ-rides have a lot of body role w/ them...but they flew great...is kinda a trade off. In terms of Rough Country I rode in one... well rough is right...ugh. Rides like a lift kit from JC whitney IMO. In terms of price unless you are going a 4" lift or less... I don't think there is such a thing if you are gonna do it right. Rethinking now I really should of gone 4" lift... but too late... at least the 6" looks cooler [​IMG]. Just to get back on track.... I firmly believe you get what you pay for... and I even am tempted into cheap stuff...LOL... I had to hit myself look'n @ exhaust and muffs. Good luck whatever you decide.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

7. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Well I just installed a complete spring 4 inch lift from rough country on my 72 and I love it but then again I was happy to get anything. The price is right and as far as strength they are rated at the top. Which is probably why they must ride rougher than the other brands. I havnt had to many oppurtunities to ride in other vehicles with different lifts.
    IMO for the money your are buying a lift for a FOUR WHEEL Drive not a cadillac so they are worth it.
    Just my .02 cents

Blazin 72

8. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I love mine, the price is unbeatable, the quality is as good as any. No reason to buy anything else. Mine is a 4 inch full spring lift. Check out a few pics at http:\\www.86blazerk5.coloradok5.com

Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Rough country 4 inch front/rear spring kit.. installed in my 83 Blazer.. Love it. !!!! No body roll.. has that nice "truck bounce" on the highway.. and no more having my teeth fillings jarred loose by potholes w/ the stock suspension.
    Can't beat the deal Rough Country is running now.. for 4 inch lifts.. The only thing I don't like... are the shocks ... off road they are great.. on the highway... real mushy... but it's tolerable.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

10. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I believe OFF ROAD just started a mini-series article on installing a 6 inch lift on a 79 4x4 truck. I read the first install on the front suspension, and it seemed like a good article. They are using the E-Z ride stuff.

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!