Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rough / low idle with TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90BlazerK5, Oct 28, 2001.

1. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

okay, the problem I'm having is a rough and very low idle in my rig. At first statup, the idle stays at about 1000, but after the engine heats up, the idle starts to fluctuate between around 600-800, and sometimes drops as low as 400..... Could this problem be caused by clogged injectors? I've got a 1990 350 with TBI. The Fuel filter was just changed, so I don't think this is the problem. Any help would be great!

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

2. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

I got a 1988 K5 350 TBI. Mine had the same problem. Thats because I went to MOGAS. I bought some Dry-Gas and went to Gulf and loaded the tank up with premium. Well it basically fixed it.

35" All-Terrains... I don't get it.

3. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Allright, I'll give that a shot. All I know is that it's annoying as hell! Hopefully it works!

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Vacume leak?

<font color=blue>Twiztid</font color=blue>

5. mudmover

mudmover Registered Member

vaccuum leak poss. I would expect to see high idle all the time though. suspect vaccuum leaks from TBI base gasket (common problem) also make sure that your egr is not getting vaccuum at idle. sometimes the solenoids bleed vaccuum. any check engine light on? check your ignition system condition (plugs, cap rotor) is the problem only at idle? or do you feel any misfire under load etc. is the problem worse with heavier electrical loads (ie, a/c on, lights on, etc.)?

What do you mean you cant run <font color=red>35's</font color=red> and an <font color=red>easy locker</font color=red> and <font color=red>3:08's</font color=red> in a <font color=red>10 bolt</font color=red>?[​IMG]