Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROUGHT COUNTRY KIT ORDERED *UPDATE* Double *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Mar 3, 2003.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

orderd at about 6:30 tonight, HELL YEA, and i got the brake hoses, and they are even sending me BLue shock boots for free /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited. finally i wont be another "I wanna lift boy" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Re: ROUGHT COUNTRY KIT ORDERED

Ok I'm sure some will want details so help us out what size lift and all that other stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

3. 87sm465np208

yea, that was not mention, it is the 4" rought country full suspension lift, and their brake hoses. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you got it ordered finally. Cool.
    Also good to hear you went with the system - rear blocks are nothing but trouble (you'd end up going to springs at some point anyway). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I haven't heard anything about the Rough Country brake lines - tell us how they look/install/perform once you get them. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    Oh, and not to burst your bubble, but the shock boots are free to all - and your choice of color.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

right on man..when i get all the stuff taken care of on my truck ill be getting the same thing! i dont know if ill be able to afford one though...im strapped on cash right now and i am just gettiong it on the road!

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I haven't heard anything about the Rough Country brake lines - tell us how they look/install/perform once you get them.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI- I just put on ProComps- this weekend- spoke with another CK5 member- who has I think "skyjackers"...and he wasnt impressed- i was VERY impressed with the procomp ones- and Steve can get them to boot.

Brandy

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I have Skyjacker, and I love 'em! Oh well, to each their own...
    Kick ass, man! When I ordered my kit, I called every day to see if it had been shipped yet. I got the same person more than once, she was like, "A little excited, aren't ya?"
    My only problem with the blocks are in sand. I opened the clamps on the rear springs for even more flex, but this makes KILLER axle-wrap in sand! I need some traction bars...
    Awesome though, welcome to the lifted club! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

That's great to hear. I don't know if you poked around, but I had to lengthen my rear driveshaft for my RC 4" lift.

9. Catman

Catman Registered Member

I put a RC 4" kit on a few weeks ago on my '90 K5. We had to ream out the holes on the new steering arm where they connect to the knuckle housing to make it fit. Also, where the directions show moving the spacers to lower the transfer case, '90's don't have spacers!! We had to cut our own and get longer bolts. Also had to modify the "Y" pipe so it wouldn't hit the front drive shaft. Oh well, built, not bought!
    Good luck on the project

Catman /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

congrats, unfortunately im still a wanna be lift boy, but im considering the exact kit you got, let me know of any problems or anything, and what size tire you puttin under it? any cutting? and hook us up with some pics /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. 87sm465np208

well at this point, if anything needs to be done to the truck, it will be done, driveshaft, or what not, its just a matter of finding a place that will lenthen my shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 87sm465np208

and what did everyone who lifted do with their sway bar?. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I've got the same setup as you just ordered - I left my swaybar right where it is without any problems (didn't unbolt any part of it at any time). Just leave it attached to the spring plates and frame and go from there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have the same system and i left my sway bar off and have never missed it once

15. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I think I may try taking mine off and see how things feel, but that could be a chore in itself since I'd probably have to disassemble parts of my plow mount to get it out. Not to mention that not one single bolt comes out of my truck without trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. 87sm465np208

Hehehe, thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, i really appreciate everyones input, none of it goes to waste /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

17. 87sm465np208

well the rear brake hose is on back order, so it will be a while longer before i get the lift, at least i orderd it well long before spring break, thast when im gunna install it, because i'll have 1 week off of school /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. and my buds to help me out too, at least my 2 buds that are mechanicly compotent /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and the one is a strong fat irish guy who is my brother from a differnt mother, and the one is a smart skinny guy that makes ya laugh, and he knows how to use a wrench, well. well this is just a update.

18. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Hey, call some 4 wheel place and order the Superlift driveshaft spacer!!!! Mine was only $47 and my front driveshaft fits great! Driveshaft shops will charge you more than that to lengthen the shaft. Actually, see if Steve (Off Camber) can get one for you...

19. 87sm465np208

im not worried about the front driveshaft, others have told me not to worry, the only one is im worried about is the rear drive shaft and the slip yoke.

20. 87sm465np208

MAJORE UPDATE, lift kit is scheduled for delivery tomarow, friday, it is at a UPS staion 20 minutes from my house, hell yes, digitial pictures of the stuff will be in order /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.