Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROUND BOLT PATTERN ....

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by K10ANDYKHAMNIC, Aug 19, 2002.

1. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

...205 FORD CASES ? good or bad ? seems to me it will be easier to make my adapter .. ? any info ? thanks-Andy

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

So you're going with the ford front axle now? Round patterns are fine, depending on what you're doing. They can be easy to work with, assuming you have the space on the adapter to lay it out.

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

yeah thats the plan /forums/images/icons/smile.gif do ya want the 31 spline input from the 205 ? now i dont even need my "conversion bearing " doh the bearing in it fits perfect /forums/images/icons/smile.gifwhich would be easier , converting the 60 to 6 lug or the 12 bolt to 8 ? hmmmmm
    the adapter *should be an almost perfect fit now i wont have the front d/line so close to the front gearbox /208part. are the round patterns more common or less common ? are all ford versions round ?

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Fords are all round, at least all I've seen.
    You didn't want to use the conversion bearing anyway, I looked up the load ratings for it and would not want on in my truck, it's about half the bigger bearing. And the fact that the dimensions are still off in a few important places which will mess them up.
    You might be best off converting the D60, that way you save your wheels, maybe. Doing the 12 would be tough, there's not enough room on the hub to drill the bigger pattern and it's already wide so you wouldn't want a big spacer.