Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Round up of OBA pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I may be starting an onboard air project w/ a Techumsa compressor I have. Id like to see some variations of mounting yall have come up w/. Id like to mount it in the center between the AC compressor and the Alt. I should be able to use the Alt bracket bolt on top of the intake, and do some creative trimming on the AC bracket to tie into it also, then down to the water pump.

I just tossed it up there tonite and it looks to be a good fit. The postitioning of the belt is the tricky part. I can run it off the old smog pump pulley on the water pump, but that means I have to make the bracket adjustable. Lineing up the pulleys w/ the Alt gives me an adjustment, but I lose having the belt wrap around the water pump. I may have to just wing it on that part. The smog pump pulley looks to be the best.

To be honest I am not even sure of the belt routing from the factory. I have belts on and everything works, but I see places where dual belts can be run. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW I have done some research on the Techumsa compressor and the one I have puts out 5.5 CFM. The biggest York only puts out like 6 CFM IIRC, and this one is laying around the shop, so its free. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Its smaller than the York and cast iron instead of alum. Anyone happen to know if the mounting would be the same for the Tech and the York?

2. Pure Insanity

Somebody...Anybody...

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> All of my OBA pics that are online are here. </font>

4. Pure Insanity

Thanx Shag. I know theres more guys here w/ OBA, where are they?