Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roundtable on Stereos for the K5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Since I'm in the market for a CD system for the Stock Poser K5, I'm browsing the Crutchfield site, looking for a suitable replacement. I have a defined set of criteria which I want to follow in picking the replaceement. This includes:
    -$150 or lower
    -FM reception power
    -RMS (I really know nothing on this except for what I read on the site, so I know a higher number is good)
    -Volume control. I hate hitting a bump while adjusting the volume. Push buttons rock.
    -Quality. I'm unknowing on who makes crap and who makes good stuff.
    -This will be going in first while keeping the speakers I have now, I don't know anything more other than two are Pioneer and the other two are Kenwood.
    So with y'alls knowledge and advice, if you would, take a look at these links and give me your recommendations. Thank you.
    Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Of those four, I'd choose this one . But once again, I'll try to send someone tords BozoWise sence he runs a car stereo shop and can get you a better deal on what you're looking for. Contact ( BozoWise@hotmail.com ) he hooks up CK5 members.

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

id take the Blaupunkt out of those options. Ive read that digceiver does a hell of a job.

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

well.. i would recommend the alpine cda 7892 but it is about 50 bucks more then you want to spend...

But if you can get around that then it has alot of feature that you might enjoy... It does have rotary knob BUT it also comes with a handy remote also.. (READ you dont have to reach to adjust volume)... Has 50x4 output.. front preamp, rear preamp, and sub preamp outputs.. Controls from cd/mp3 changer, xm radio ready, plus more controls then you would ever need... Also i have noticed that this radio gets kick ass reception also.. I put a little shorty antenna on my car and still pick up radio stations better then the stock radio did with the stock antenna...

This radio will do everything you need and still give you plent of room for upgrades... also alpine makes some of the best radios out there right now.. There internal amps have a clean sound to them and will amazing things with stock speakers...

Like I said.. its a little higher then you were wanting to spend but i would say its well worth it..

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have the alpine cda-7894 deck with the MP3 deal. I like the rotory volume but I end up using the romote most of the time to keep from leaning up to reach the radio when driving! I like the angled face and the power it has. It does have WAY to many options and settings for bass, treble, preamps out, built in crossovers, I still haven't figured out what all it does! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The manual is book /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    But I like it A-LOT /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    279 shipped, new from a dealer on ebay! (I've had it for about 4, 5 months) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif