Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Routing dual exhaust around the doubler?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TopOff, Oct 30, 2002.

1. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have pics of this?

Right now I have my passenger 2.5" exhaust squished into the frame rail (beacuse of the clocked 205) and then into a flexpipe (read leaking) and into the mufflers.

I am trying to come up with a new way to make a dual exhaust. OR maybe merge them into a single 3"?

Anyone? PICS?

TIA

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

There should be a pic. on my web shots. The only part that is tight is on the pass. side it will need to go up, down, and twist /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I don't see your passenger exhaust... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I do see you have a two inch body lift! I also see you made some custom cross-members.

Right now I have a stock body lift, and one OEM cross-member.

I will be installing a 1" body lift and new body bushings this weekend. I hope these help. The custom-cross-members might be the way to go. I don't have a LOT of faith in my welding ability - hence I was hoping to use the OEM cross-members.

BTW: ARe you running a 6" lift with a 2" clocked doubler???

Steve said I couldn't run that! Curious. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

If you want I can snap some picks for you. I run a 6in lift and a 2in body lift and the t-case is almost level with the frame. So the set up you are going to run will be just fine just won't be able to stuff the t-case up as far is all. You are going to love the doubler it just takes things to a whole new level. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info.

I've been runnin' the doubler at Rubicon and my local OHV.

Right now I have the transfercases on some 1" sqaure tube (wnat to get rid of this), so they are lowered 1". My 2.5" exhaust is all squished into the framerail above the 205 extension for the front driveshaft.

I don't like this exhaust setup because

1) it leaks (using a flexpipe, that I can't weld to close up the seems to hard pipe) and

2) it is SOOO close to my rubber fuel lines! and

3) it heats up the passenger side floor to 145 degrees (I know because I have a IR temperature probe).

I don't like the idea of my rig getting any higher. So the one inch body lift is all I am going to go up. I already have a 5" suspension lift. It was a 4" with some additional leaves and soon to be a shackle flip.

Pics would be great.

Also do you have some specs on your custom cross-members?

TIA
    TO

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I don't have any specs. on the crossmembers sorry but you can see the pics. on my web page and it is not to hard to build. As far as the exh. being to close to the fuel lines I understand that mine are to and that is where header wrap and some hose clamps come in to play. It will keep the heat off the hoses and your floor. I hope this helps I will get some pics for ya when I get a chance ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Kewl thanks.

I will double check your pictures to see your current exhaust. If they're not there, can you tell me when you are able to get pics up?

Are you using all pre-bent exhaust? Or are you using some flexpipe?

TIA

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hell I sent mine to the exh. shop so I don't have any flex pipe. I will let you know on the pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif