Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RPM SWEET SPOT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 2BLAZERS, Nov 8, 2002.

1. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Okay I have a 91 Blazer. I am gathering parts to do a 1-ton running gear, lift, and tires all at the same time. This is a daily driver to work (5miles), must be driveable on the freeway and everywhere else.It will be off-road in the Oregon/Washington area a couple times a month. What is the rpm sweet spot for the 350 engine? Yes I have Overdrive. I am trying to do it once, the right way. I have been leaning towards 37-39inch tires with 5.13 gears. Any help would be appreciated.

2. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That depends on a lot of things.
    Every motor is diffrent.
    Cam,heads,exhaust,weight of the vehicle affect the performance of the motor.
    I would look at one of the gear calculation charts.
    If you know where your motor likes to run just match that RPM
    with the tires and gear ratio from the chart.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I would agree with the previous post. My truck really likes running in the 2250 range, and assuming a "stock" rebuild (it was purchased running about 15 years ago, looks stock, obviously not an aggressive cam) that range should probably suit you well.