Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RPM with a York

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77fixer, Oct 26, 2002.

1. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

Nov 22, 2001
    For those with a York OBA, what RPM do you run when you are using it?
    I was doing some calculations and a 210 model will produce about 4 cfm @ 700 rpm (based on 100% efficiency). So following that logic I was thinking that if I run at 2000-2500 rpm, I could get at least 10 cfm...

Well, that's enough thinking for me today, what do you all think? Would I risk burning up the pump?
  2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

May 15, 2001

I thought I would shed some light on your question. First off, the York has it's own on board oil, just like a car engine. As loon as you keep oil in them, you will be hard pressed to blow one up.

I have on on my truck clocked to 45 degrees, and I have a hand throttle that I set at between 1000 and 1500 rpms. Now on my system, I also have dual tanks from an old air gun compressor, under the rear of the blazer, directly above the rear axle area.

I can run any assortmenty of air tools between 1000 and 1500 rpms., not a problem.

I don't know about the air output without a tank. With the tank no problem.

I don't think you are going to need to run the motor at 2500 rpms.

One thing to keep in mind, is the size of the pulley on the compessor, the faster it sprins the better off.

Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif