Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RPO codes missing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jshadwick, Feb 17, 2002.

1. jshadwick

jshadwick Registered Member

Hi everyone. Just had a question in regards to finding out what came with my Blazer, since the sticker with the RPO codes in the glove box is missing. Is there a site that can discern what I have,in regards to options that were installed, using the VIN? I have a 79 blazer (Cheyenne,for what thats worth), 4wd,350, 4speed manual, 31 gal gas tank. For example, was the "Cheyenne" option just an interior option? Also,was the 31 gal gas tank a separate option unto itself, or was it part of some "package" that included other stuff? You know, the more I think about this, the more I realize I just want to find out whats inside the rear "pumpkin", open, limited slip, or locker. Any advice or help, to answer my confusing questions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, this is one killer forum. James

[​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

James, as far as I know the Cheyenne was the base model...most of the options you would have should be obvious. Tilt wheel, A/C, power windows and locks are all options.[​IMG]

Honestly the best way to find what's behind the pumkin cover is to remove it and do a service. It prolly needs servicing anyways....
    Grab some Brake Kleen and spray liberally, this will remove all the gunk. Now check out the edge of the ring gear itself, the ratio should be stamped on there. It will be expressed as a ratio of ring gear teeth to pinion teeth, and should look like 41:11 (3.73:1) for example.

Now look at the carrier assembly itself, if all you see is a couple of spider gears and a cross shaft it's an open diff. If it looks like some prankster stuffed a cuckoo clock in there it's a Gov-lock. If you're still unsure snap a pic and post the link to the pic and someone will be able to positively identify it..

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. jshadwick

jshadwick Registered Member

Thanks, man!

[​IMG]