Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RPO NA2 Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bruiser, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have this RPO and still have stock vehicle. Wanting to know what it contains exactly for future reference incase I move to somewhere I have to be smoged. On Muddytazz's list it shows it as NA2 - EMISSION SYSTEM GERMANY on my RPO sheet it says NA2 standard Emission Sys

www.michels.nu/images/option3.jpg - large picture

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

RPO's are funny things -- one year they'll mean one thing and one year they'll mean another, slightly different.

Yours looks like a 1978 Blazer with a 350, 4bbl... L code (LS9 engine) Y is the other one (my '74 has this, so I'm *thinking* yours is a 49-state, i.e. "federal" smog truck, as opposed to my CA truck.)

Can anybody verify that the RPO LS9 / L VIN engine is a 49-state or CA smog?

-- A

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

"NA2 : EMISSION SYSTEM, GERMANY "
    "LS9 : ENGINE, GAS, 8 CYL, 5.7L, 4BBL "

the LS9 could be Cali or 49 state emissions, depending on which NA* code it carries.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Damn, now I gotta go look in my glovebox /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mine (VIN code "Y") is an LS9 engine, with YF5 "California Emissions Cert" ... so I'm thinking the VIN code "Y" is the CA, and your VIN code "L" is either a 49-state, or some genuinely weird export truck.

-- A