Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RS 9000 - Tubing Alternatives?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Guy, Oct 29, 2000.

1. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Hello All,

The thin red tubing and the plastic caps for the RS9000 look really cheap to me, and I've had several problems with leaks, or with the tubing popping out of the caps.

Any good recommendations for an alternative. A 1/4" flare nut fits on the fittings. I tried some brass flare nuts, and using some clear 1/4" plastic tubing, but the tubing cracked when it got cold (wrong tubing, obviously!)

Should I try the flare nut fittings again, with some different tubing. How does using a larger diameter tubing effect the overall air pressure?

And, if I go back to the red, where can I find more, as I don't have enough long-sections to replumb the rear shocks.

Thanks,

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

2. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Yeh, Hey Rancho, what`s up with thhe cheap crap lines that you sell for a few hundred bucks?
    What I did to fix this was to get all of the fittings for the shocks figured out. I used barb fittings on the shock that had a 90* bend in them. Then I ran vac. line to my onboard air system. You will need to plumb the vac hose into you`r rancho pump, and I have no idea how you can do this. Another plus to running the vac. hose is that it will stay flexable with use (ie. suspesion flex) rather than breaking down. This is also the perfect time to run axel, and case vents upto aircleaner height since you will be crawling under the rig anyway.

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I wonder if you can use stainless steel air lines like you can for an ARB air locker? hmmmm
    Pretty pricy though
    [​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

4. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Hey, now theres an idea. How about checking military surplus dealers for stainless line. Aircraft boneyards also are a good place to look for this type of line.

5. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Guess I'm just cheap. I rely on the old fashioned manual adjustors...my fingers.

6. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status